Recommendations for miter gauge
(11-03-2017, 01:52 PM)Johnbro Wrote: Osbornes are famously accurate but they are a little oddball in shape and design. IF you're looking for something more like the stock miter gauge but dead accurate, go with the Kreg. I love the pin-locking holes to always return it to a known accurate point. Out of the box it's dead on. The Incra's are also nice but too many reports of them being a bit off from the factory. Never heard that complaint about the Kreg.

Somehow Kreg and Osborne are able to adjust their heads to be dead square before they send them to you. Instead of offering a decent usable product, Incra gives you directions. All I was saying is that is wrong on a lot of levels. All of them offer plenty in the way of adjustment so saying it proves the Incra's are adjustable is silly, all of them are.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
now that there is an adjustment on the Incra so that you can easily square up the fence to the table vertically, I wonder if they aren't square from the factory.  That was the only complaint I ever saw about them, because you had to shim it.  Mine was square within my ability to measure.
Believe me I am not the only person aware they come out of square, been that way for years, if yours is close to square it's an accident, or you are not familiar with how to check for square.

GW
Define "reasonable".

I found the price tag on my Incra 1000SE to be vey reasonable, especially knowing its capabilities.
Semper fi,
Brad

(10-31-2017, 09:55 AM)Randy C Wrote: I have one of the craftsman zip code saws which I like a lot but the miter gauge that came with it is crappy.

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced miter gauge to replace it with?

Thanks

I have been a happy user of the Debby Cut off sled for over twenty years,  It's a miter gauge cut off sled and the highest use table saw accessory in my shop, I'll never be without one.
(11-05-2017, 10:07 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Define "reasonable".

I found the price tag on my Incra 1000SE to be vey reasonable, especially knowing its capabilities.

Really not trying to be snarky here, but is this reasonable?

GW
(11-07-2017, 08:46 PM)Steve N Wrote: Really not trying to be snarky here, but is this reasonable?

That looks reasonable to me.  The angle should not be referenced to the blade, but to the miter slot.  Further, we don't know if the frame parts were clamped to the gauge or allowed to drift.  For frames, a shooting board will solve the gap problem.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe