I need your pictures of your DC ducting
I told my wife about using pvc on the ceiling and drop downs for different equipment and no matter how I say it or even use old pvc she can not understand what it will look like.  So if anyone can upload some pictures if you have it on the ceiling and drop downs and post it here so I can show my wife I would greatly appreciate it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-01-2017, 01:30 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I told my wife about using pvc on the ceiling and drop downs for different equipment and no matter how I say it or even use old pvc she can not understand what it will look like.  So if anyone can upload some pictures if you have it on the ceiling and drop downs and post it here so I can show my wife I would greatly appreciate it.

Look in B Mikes shop build thread Arlin. He has some up in the rafters so far.

Most of mine is in the floor, so no pics from me.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-01-2017, 03:30 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Look in B Mikes shop build thread Arlin. He has some up in the rafters so far.

Most of mine is in the floor, so no pics from me.
Winkgrin

Show her the ones of Megan, Lily and Angela's hair LOL.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

10"and 8" Ductwork in rafters
[Image: IMG_20171102_230200_zpsm547vqyo.jpg]

A 6" drop

[Image: IMG_20171102_225659_zpsolt5zlac.jpg]

Imagine it white for PVC.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Arlin, here is a little nugget of wisdom I got when I was putting in the ductwork for my big DC. Originally my plan was to use PVC. I very quickly found out that with the number of 90’s and wye’s I needed it was going to cost me a small fortune. After that I decided to price out what I needed at Home Depot using HVAC ductwork. Pricing all the 6” HVAC duct work and the 4” pvc for a few of the machine drops came out to $400. The problem was the only 6” pipe they had was 30 gauge which I had already found out my dust collector was powerful enough to crush if I closed off the system. I backed up and regrouped. I found myself a HVAC and plumbing supply wearhouse. I told them what I wanted to do and just set up a homeowner type account since I wouldn’t be continually buying parts. Through them I was able to buy all 26 gauge pipe and fittings as well as the PVC for less than $100. On top of that I made a few friends and they gave me a urinal to put in my shop bathroom. I would guess you will have a large plumbing and HVAC warehouse close and should be able to do much the same.
Dave speaks with wisdom, and I would take his advice seriously.

Now as one who never claimed to be wise, here's my setup:
[Image: IMG_1766.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1765.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1798_1024.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1807_1024.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1805_1024.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1808.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1890.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2577.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2578.jpg]
[Image: 20141004_160018.jpg]
I use six inch mains with four inch connections.  Even with the 15" helical planer at the end of the 35' line, it still gets all of it as the couple bags above show.  There are multiple bends and I used two 45s vs a single 90 at all turns as is the best practice. I'm admittedly OCD, and my workshop doubles as my gunsmithing and reloading room depending on the season, and there is never any sawdust film to be found on any surfaces.  I run an air scrubber during any wwing machining operations as well. Having this excellent dust collection setup makes working in my basement shop possible and enjoyable. Hope this helps.
Thank you Mike and Cian I really appreciate it a lot.

Dave

I only have 3 wyes and 4 45's.  It will be a straight up shot to the ceiling and straight across the top  and 3 drops with two 4" outlets.

I will have one for the Lathe, one for the table saw, one for the 24" sander, 15" planner, and 6" jointer, then one more for the belt sander.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin,

My shop is in my basement and the ceilings are a little low. My 6" PVC horizontal ductwork runs under the overhead floor joists with drop downs to the machines. The horizontal ducts are plenty high enough to allow good headroom. I don't have a good photo of the whole system, but here's shot of the overhead 6" PVC duct with the drop down to my RAS.

[Image: IMG_0561.jpg]

This is a photo of the ductwork at my drill press. The 6" PVC duct drops down the wall behind the red canoe hanging from there ceiling. It splits into two 4" flex hoses and is further reduced to 3" flex hoses to the machine. You can see the splitter box behind the drill press. I have a similar set ups with dedicated 6" ducts and flex hose drops to my Jointer/planer, table saw and lathe. I also have a flex hose drop I can set up to cover my workbench to pick up sanding dust and router debris when I'm working at my bench.

[Image: IMG_0459.jpg]

Hope this is some help.

Hank
(11-01-2017, 01:30 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I told my wife about using pvc on the ceiling and drop downs for different equipment and no matter how I say it or even use old pvc she can not understand what it will look like.  So if anyone can upload some pictures if you have it on the ceiling and drop downs and post it here so I can show my wife I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm a hose dragger. I have a 4" PVC pipe in my ceiling. 4" flex hose on each end. The hose comes down in the center of my basement shop, I can reach everything and stash the hose between 2 tools easily. Works for me.

I've been thinking about putting solid pvc pipe on the dc input. Maybe someday.

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-06-2017, 12:43 PM)hairy Wrote: I'm a hose dragger. I have a 4" PVC pipe in my ceiling. 4" flex hose on each end. The hose comes down in the center of my basement shop, I can reach everything and stash the hose between 2 tools easily. Works for me.

I've been thinking about putting solid pvc pipe on the dc input. Maybe someday.

Hairy

I have the same Oneida dust deputy on a 60 gallon trash can that I wheel out to the ditch when it is full and I have to think of how to incorporate that too.