Looking for electrical advice
I am considering purchasing a 1/2 HP submersible pump that runs on 220v, 50 HZ. This pump is variable speed in that it is supposed to increase/decrease its output depending on demand. My question is related to the 50HZ called for vs. the 60HZ I have available. I'm not looking to purchase another piece of equipment to change 60HZ to 50HZ as that will make the good price not quite so good anymore. As I see it, I will never need the 13+ gallons per minute it is capable of; so it may never run at the now 20% faster R.P.M.s. Not too worried about heat either; it will be fully submersed.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
How is the speed actually controlled?  That is, how does it know demand? 

Have a link?
(11-01-2017, 08:07 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: How is the speed actually controlled?  That is, how does it know demand? 

Have a link?

Hi Phil, The speed was controlled by a processor attached (ithink) to an inline type pressure switch. Anyway I re-opened the link and they were sold out, tried again and it disappeared. Too slow I guess.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"