Curtains for Woodshop
My shop faces South and the sun, although I love the light, it can really heat the place up.  I'd like to put up some curtains or shudders to keep some of the sunlight out, but I'm afraid they would be coated with sawdust in hours....just wondering if anyone has found something that doesn't accumulate sawdust quickly?  Perhaps some sort of plastic rather than cloth material??  I could try rigging up something outside, but that will be harder....  
Thanks!
I get quite a bit of sunlight in the winter months with the sun so low on the horizon. I installed the cut to fit blinds from HD, and they work very well for a reasonable cost...

Two pennies worth...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Old fashioned window shades work great in my shop. I have the opaque ones that don't allow any light through. They have a slick finish, so sawdust doesn't accumulate on them.
I would think something like this wouldn't accumulate much dust and are easy to clean if they do.

https://www.selectblinds.com/rollershade...hades.html
I have so much sawdust on my Shop windows you can hardly see out.  Excessive sunshine coming in is not a problem.

Maybe I need to clean the windows - but I don't want people looking inside.  
Big Grin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
I would bet that plastic ones would be worse. They would have enough of a static charge to attract the dust, at least my PVC ductwork does. What about shutters on the outside?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Use a plastic shower curtain.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I use cheap off the shelf plastic blinds from HD they work great. If you like you can take them down and hose them off once in a while. I never have. they just work better .
Cool  don't put a lot of thought or money into it. it's a woodshop.
Laugh
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Something frilly maybe.
(11-01-2017, 10:18 PM)Israel Wrote: My shop faces South and the sun, although I love the light, it can really heat the place up.  I'd like to put up some curtains or shudders to keep some of the sunlight out, but I'm afraid they would be coated with sawdust in hours....just wondering if anyone has found something that doesn't accumulate sawdust quickly?  Perhaps some sort of plastic rather than cloth material??  I could try rigging up something outside, but that will be harder....  
Thanks!

Could you buy a painters canvas and turn it into curtains?  I'm thinking utilizing the grommets that are already there ... just hem it to length.