Help Diagnose Fridge Water Inlet Problems
Yep, they just had a segment on Ask This Old House about an increase in city pressure.
I service soda fountains. We have one dispenser that will lock up if the water pressure is too high. We use a simple regulator. Search EBay for “flojet regulator “
There are several there. You could check with a local plumbing supply or maybe water softener business??

You might want to check the pressure of your water system. Private well or city water? If private you should be able to adjust the cut in cut out pressure at the pump

City water? Talk to the water department??

It's city water. I've known I had grear pressure ever since the home inspector told me so. He wasn't sure what the pressure was, but it immediately pegged his pressure gauge at 105 PSI when he put it on an outside faucet.

After a slight tweak in the valve, we're back in business, for now.......
(11-15-2017, 01:16 PM)DieselDennis Wrote: It's city water. I've known I had grear pressure ever since the home inspector told me so. He wasn't sure what the pressure was, but it immediately pegged his pressure gauge at 105 PSI when he put it on an outside faucet.

After a slight tweak in the valve, we're back in business, for now.......

105 PSI? Yikes!

You might consider installing a pressure regulator with gauge on your main line...not very expensive (hardware, $50?). Much cheaper than the aggravation caused by busted washer hose.