Used Hammer A3-31 PJointer/Planer
(11-03-2017, 01:59 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I'm standing by for an epic gloating thread.

Ditto, they're probably selling it for like $2k, in which case, I hate you already Jason28 lol
(11-03-2017, 02:23 PM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: Ditto, they're probably selling it for like $2k, in which case, I hate you already Jason28 lol

I looked at the ad . I am not sure hate is a strong enough word . I would jump on it , but don't have the time . Also don't really need it . Would be a flip for me .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(11-03-2017, 05:53 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: I looked at the ad . I am not sure hate is a strong enough word . I would jump on it , but don't have the time . Also don't really need it . Would be a flip for me .

I just looked up the ad, too.  It won't be available long at that price; probably gone already.  The mortising attachment and bits alone are worth $500.

John
Thanks for clarifying the capacitor thing
(11-03-2017, 08:41 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I just looked up the ad, too.  It won't be available long at that price; probably gone already.  The mortising attachment and bits alone are worth $500.  

John

Yup, it's gone. Currently sitting in a friend's garage until ours is built. The shop tech has installed new capacitors and a new switch, checked the safety switches and done everything but bypass power relay, so that's where we think the issue is. He knows his machines so the relay is where I'll start. It came out of a college furniture making program's shop, and the students would never let the motor get up to speed before letting of the start button. That's a nice hint right there.

It's also got some cosmetic flaws, nothing major. The mortising unit needs to be broken down and de-rusted, maybe have a bushing or two replaced. Other than the start-up issue, it's in great condition. I've got a mobile base on it's way so my friend can move it out of the way as needed, so I'll get pics when I get over there. I must say I'm pleased with the deal, especially since it's the first actual deal I've ever found on Craigslist.
Jason

Well color me jealous, I didn't get the mortising attachment with mine as I already have the big PM tilting head one, congrats man, it's an awesome machine and I love mine, especially now that it is calibrated.