Ever seen this?
Not sure if you can tell from the pic, but this finish is pink. First time I opened this particular can...been sitting maybe 30-45 days in the shop unopened.

Attached Files Image(s)

I have used the satin (over a year ago now) and now that you mention it I think it did take on a pinkish tone when it sat for awhile.  Mixed it up really well and it was fine. I don't think it was as pink as your picture looks.
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
It is because it is the flat sheen. The waterborne finishes I have used seem to have a stronger color when you get the flat sheen. One of the finishes I use is really yellow in the flat vs almost white with the gloss. I would guess it is from the extra solids they add to make the flat sheen. I have used that finish and really like it. Unfortunately they reformulated it and the new stuff in the red can I don’t like at all and had a lot of problems with.
(11-03-2017, 07:28 PM)JokerRN Wrote: Not sure if you can tell from the pic, but this finish is pink. First time I opened this particular can...been sitting maybe 30-45 days in the shop unopened.

The only pinkish tint I've ever seen in a GF product was with EnduroVar.  It's whatever they put in it to give at an amber tone.  

I've been using Clear Poly for 3 years or so, probably 10+ gallons, and never seen pink in it even in cans that have sat for many months.  I think your Clear Poly is going bad.  I bet that pink color is a bacteria growing in it.  I would contact GF and talk with them before trying to use it.   

John
Thanks, guys. As you can see in the back, I'm finishing up an older can and it has no pink to it whatsoever.

I have sent them a message on Facebook, so we'll see. Stinks when I really need to get this on this weekend and my local supplier is closed on Sat and Sun! Arrgh.

I'll let you know what they have to say.
Some flat paints go on pink but dry white.

Glidden EZ track flat does. Check the labels-perhaps it will explain it.
(11-03-2017, 09:08 PM)daddo Wrote: Some flat paints go on pink but dry white.

Glidden EZ track flat does.   Check the labels-perhaps it will explain it.

They started with spackling paste, now it seems to be the new gimmick for ceiling paints too.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(11-03-2017, 09:08 PM)daddo Wrote: Some flat paints go on pink but dry white.

Glidden EZ track flat does.   Check the labels-perhaps it will explain it.

This is what my initial thought was too, and it is eggzactly that color of pink. Also usually seen in flat, and eggshell finishes only. I would wipe a smear on a piece of scrap and evaluate what it did when dry. Thinking it will look like you want it to.

Added more recently to clear finishes to let you see where you have already applied, same as the ceiling white did years ago when they first brought it out. For a ceiling it's the only thing I'll use that doesn't say BEHR on the can. Like most Glidden though I find you need a minimum of 2 coats to effect a change in coverage. But with enough birthdays my vision has gotten to where I couldn't easily look up and see where I had rolled on a ceiling, the pink makes it easy. I imagine some have the same complaint with clear finishes.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(11-03-2017, 08:22 PM)JokerRN Wrote: Thanks, guys. As you can see in the back, I'm finishing up an older can and it has no pink to it whatsoever.

I have sent them a message on Facebook, so we'll see. Stinks when I really need to get this on this weekend and my local supplier is closed on Sat and Sun! Arrgh.

I'll let you know what they have to say.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a can of Enduro Clear Poly.  I have used several gallons of the flat sheen and it's white.  It just has more flatters in it than the other sheens, but it's still white.  I think Dave was referring to GF's PreCat Lacquer that was reformulated a while back.  AFAIK, Clear Poly has not changed.  I just opened a can of satin last night that I received this week and it looks, smells, and sprays the same - beautifully. 

John
Still he won't be out anything except a few seconds of time to wipe some on a piece of scrap, and see how it dries.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW