Rocking chair finally done!
I'm beyond impressed- that's amazing!

Now for my sarcasm;
Instead of a date on the seat, put "Sit Your Butt Here".
Your first chair?  That is just amazing work with some gorgeous wood.  Seems like you have a gift for chair making.  Wherever those mistakes are are well hidden.  I really love how smooth the transitions flow through the joints with no change in the curve, no tearout, scratches, nothing, just perfect.  

I'm sure your wife is as happy as you should be proud of your work. 

John
Wow. Good job on the photographs too

Thanks all for the (very) kind words. This was definitely a fun project to make, and one that stretched my skill set. It also really helped that I started with stunning pieces of wood.

daddo Wrote:Instead of a date on the seat, put "Sit Your Butt Here".
I figured it was implied by the use of crotch wood on the seat.
Smile

Thanks!
Tyler
Nice job. This is definitely a project in my queue
Super looking job. So jealous.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Beautiful piece. Top notch craftsmanship. That's one of the best pieces I've seen on Woodnet. The figure in the seat really lights it up.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I had to take another look. This is what true craftsmanship is all about. This arrangement flows together as if it were one piece- Proportionately perfect. It's as pleasant to the eye as I'm sure, comfortable to rest in.
Excellent!
Excellent!!
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon