Forstner Bits
(11-16-2017, 07:46 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: Maybe start with a less expensive set and replace the ones that get a lot of use (get dull quick) with better HSS or Carbide? I have a set of no-name Forstner bits that I can't even recall where I bought them - Maybe MLCS? I use them infrequently and on domestic woods but they're better than not having any Forstner bits.

Thanks all.  I bought the Roman Carbide set.  They were a bit more, but they did not break the bank.  We will see how they are.  They should be here next week.  Is it fair for me to try them out prior to wrapping them?
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(11-17-2017, 03:46 PM)Cecil Wrote: Thanks all.  I bought the Roman Carbide set.  They were a bit more, but they did not break the bank.  We will see how they are.  They should be here next week.  Is it fair for me to try them out prior to wrapping them?

you almost have to.  you don't want to give a gift that could fail
Laugh
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop