Rough Lumber in or near Charlottesville, VA
We're going to be in Charlottesville for a long weekend and I'd like to find a sawmill (or other source) for small quantities of some domestic hardwoods--hard maple, cherry, and walnut.  My truck is a CRV, and unless I can convince my wife to ride in the luggage carrier or take another form of transportation home, my space is limited.  Now that I think of it, the luggage carrier has a stated weight limit of 75 lbs, so that's not all that useful.  (If you think I'm going to use the words "weight limit" and "my wife" in the same zip code, your outta your mind. 
Wink )

Thanks,
Tony
I haven’t lived there for 6 years, but I did live there for 12 years. I bought my lumber from Northland Forrest Products which is bit east of C’ville, toward Richmond on 64. I’m sure there are some small independent guys around too. I’d bring a cordless circ saw, or install a roof rack.