Success! (first rehabbed plane)
, I know it's old hat for many of you, but I'm super excited.  I fixed the dishing in my #5 Millers Falls plane, sharpened it, and was able to get see-through shavings with it.  I need a lot of practice still, but I'm really digging the sound of a plane through cherry and watching the whispy shavings come off the blade!

The Jappaning on this plane is damaged, but I'm not a collector; all my tools are users.

The block plane is next!

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Sweet! Better sharpen pretty soon.... 
Big Grin
One of the great joys in WW is reconnecting with the old ways and finding out they had it right. It's even better if you are able fettle an older plane and put it back in service, not only do you receive satisfaction for making it work again  but you also begin to understand how they work. Congratulations!!
Well done! I remember my 1st success with planes very well.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Very nice work, my first plane was a Miller Falls that I spent a lot of time fettling, and it ended up as a pretty nice user.
Good job. The proof is in the shaving.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com

Cool  Good job
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020