Hand toold FS: Saws and Saw Set
The saw set and the Disston D-8 rip saw are sold. The back saw is still available.
Here are two hand saws and a saw set. All are in good condition and ready to use.
The first hand saw is a Disston D-8. Filed at 5-1/2 points rip, it has the thumb-hole handle that permits a two-handed grip.
The blade is straight and sharp, and is about 6" wide in front of the handle and 2-1/2" wide at the toe.The teeth have been filed at 0 degrees back rake and 90 degrees bevel (straight across). The blade has some minor pitting and staining, and the etch is very faint.
It is set with a fairly wide set for green wood or softwoods. It cuts well and tracks straight. The only apology is that one tooth is smaller that the rest, which doesn't affect the quality of the cut.
Here are the pictures:

[attachment=5595]
[attachment=5596]
[attachment=5601]
I'm asking $35.00 for it, plus shipping.
Next is a Stanley 42X saw set. It is in great shape, with almost all the japanning and very little wear. I cleaned and oiled it, and it works well.
Here are the pictures:
[attachment=5597]
[attachment=5598]
I'm asking $30.00 for it, plus shipping.
Last is a 24" miter box saw. It has a "Warranted Superior" medallion and ""P & C" etched on the blade.
The tooth line is 22" long, and the blade is about 4" wide all along. It is an 11 point, filed crosscut. It is sharp and ready to use.
This saw would be most useful in a small miter box, like the Stanley 60 or 150.
Here are the pictures:
[attachment=5599]
[attachment=5600]
I'm asking $20.00 for it, plus shipping.
I can take a check, a money order, or Paypal.
I offer a money-back guarantee, less return shipping, if returned within 7 days.
Thanks,
Rick
I'll take the saw set. Please PM me with your PayPal account info and total including Priority Mail to 85749. Thanks.