Bench-on-Bench suggestions
(12-14-2017, 10:50 AM)MartyRA Wrote: I've been thinking about this very same thing myself especially after reading about it in fww magazine.  I'm an actual subscriber believe it or not..
Because my shop is lacking in floor real estate finding a place to put it when not in use becomes a problem, but I can probably survive carrying it upstairs once in awhile.
My back isn't the problem, but my hips and legs are not to mention that my hands shake at specific heights and one of those heights just happens to coincide with chopping mortises and similar tasks.
Not to sidetrack the thread, but when I chop mortises I'll carefully carve out a shallow groove the width and length of the mortise to keep the chisel from wandering to much on the initial first row of chops. Age and eyeballing things just don't seem to have a whole lot in common anymore so having a groove of about 1/16th inch or less helps tremendously..

Hi Marty;

Along with Bruce, welcome to the forum!
Skip

(12-14-2017, 04:08 PM)Skip J. Wrote: Good to see you in here again Reed... it's been awhile...

Well thanks Skip - good to be back!  I just wish I could figure out the picture posting on this new platform!
You don't need a parachute to go skydiving unless you want to do it more than once. . .
(12-20-2017, 03:43 PM)DallasStarter Wrote: Well thanks Skip - good to be back!  I just wish I could figure out the picture posting on this new platform!

Hey Reed - just hit the Add Attachments button down at the bottom and it will let you add 5 pics, easy/peasy.  Then start a new post and add 5 more; and on, and on....   Beats the heck outta dealing with p-bucket anymore!
Skip