Frame and Panel
Space balls work, but don't let the open bag drop on the floor!

Window screen spline is available in the same diameter.  Just clip off a couple of 1/2" lengths and insert it in the groove.  I find it handy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CSRKM6/ref...4992864639

I think 2 pieces about 1/2" long in each groove is all that is required.  Push it in with a putty knife.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
1st Tupperware for storage, just take out what ya need, yes, they will runt off on ya.....

Not in a year or two, but window spline does dry out some. I think SpaceBalls are made of some unnatural stuff.... If you want a substitute use calk, thin line, trimmed off as you suggest. So in 25 years your Grandkids will be proud of ya.

SpaceBalls really do add the finish on plywood panels, in as far as they keep the thinner ply from rattling around in the usually over width grooves. And NO plywood doesn't move. Plus as I suggested they practically weld the thinner plywood to the front side of the door, so it gives an excellent finished look.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(11-13-2017, 11:42 AM)Cooler Wrote: Space balls work, but don't let the open bag drop on the floor!

Well woopsie.
Upset  
Laugh
Laugh

Mine go from the bag into a plastic tub. Then *if* you don't drop the tub, yer good.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020