Used Greyhound Bus Freight this week
I found a new filter assembly in Ohio for super cheap for my big cyclone. It was about 68"x22"x22". Seller did not want to ship. Ups rates were $257-$812 and the item was her price $100. So I checked busfreighter.com which brokers greyhound.com shipments and it was $77. I paid for it here, she dropped it off Friday at 2pm est, and it arrived and was ready for pickup Sunday at 9:30am and would be available for pickup until 11pm Sunday night. Painless, quick, and conveinent. They also had a close door and a hand truck I could use. If you find a light under 100lb big but less than 29x47x82, check out using greyhound bus freight.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(11-12-2017, 08:40 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I found a new filter assembly in Ohio for super cheap for my big cyclone. It was about 68"x22"x22". Seller did not want to ship. Ups rates were $257-$812 and the item was her price $100. So I checked busfreighter.com which brokers greyhound.com shipments and it was $77. I paid for it here, she dropped it off Friday at 2pm est, and it arrived and was ready for pickup Sunday at 9:30am and would be available for pickup until 11pm Sunday night. Painless, quick, and conveinent. They also had a close door and a hand truck I could use. If you find a light under 100lb big but less than 29x47x82, check out using greyhound bus freight.

Never heard of that service, but the pricing seems great.
(11-12-2017, 08:42 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Never heard of that service, but the pricing seems great.

Was more common at one time. I think DHL and FEDEX have taken over a lot of those "overnight" shipments. I know I have gotten auto parts out of Detroit to my dealer that way. Used to be fastest and cheapest.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I should repost the Emmerts I would like to sell.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I used to live in the middle of nowhere. UPS and FedEx would not deliver there. The only delivery service we had was the bus. Quick and convenient and the bus came through every afternoon.
Our company has used Greyhound Freight for SAME DAY DELIVERY.  

The cargo actually travels in the cargo area of the bus.  We drove the parts to the depot and it was loaded on the bus.  Our customer had to meet the bus at the local depot and pick up the merchandise.

It was fairly expensive but kept our customer's production line running.  Additional product was shipped by truck.  We had close to 2,000 pounds loaded on the bus.  The boxes were loaded by hand.  (We usually load pallets by fudge lift truck.)

The bargain price was because they had room on the bus and no paying customers.  The rate would have been much higher if this was an standard same day delivery.  Of course longer distances might require more than one day to deliver.  Our product was going from Long Island (New York) to North Carolina.  We actually dropped off the product at the end of our working day.  Our customer picked up in the morning.

A great customer-saving service.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.