Table for Drill Press
(11-15-2017, 08:29 PM)rudedan60 Wrote: Not perfect but gets the job done quick.  Mine is this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/drill-pres...96395.html It's about $20 right now on the site.  I will build a better one in the future. Dan

I have a DP table build on my bucket list too.  For $16 I will try that one.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Wow, it would be difficult to build one for less than the HF.

Here's mine.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
One idea I love on my drill press table is how it's attached to the drill press.  I installed a decent metal drilling vise.  Then, on the bottom of my woodworking drill press table there is a hardwood box that straddles the metal vise.  The box has a crossbar of hardwood that fits in the metal vise.  Set the top table on... close the metal vise and your set.  Now to remove... simple open the metal vise and your ready to drill metal.   no screws, bolts or clamps.

I've used this for almost two decades and its worked perfectly.    Mainly because drilling on the top table forces it harder into the vise below.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(11-15-2017, 09:09 PM)Cecil Wrote: I have a DP table build on my bucket list too.  For $16 I will try that one.

I have the bare bones model of this one from Peachtree Woodworking. At the time it was $99 or so, a little more now (may be some online coupons or a sale occasionally). After 12+ years I've been very satisfied for the price. I especially like how easy it is to install and remove. Has two handles that screw through the openings in the cast iron table and secure it nicely.

Doug
(11-15-2017, 09:09 PM)Cecil Wrote: I have a DP table build on my bucket list too.  For $16 I will try that one.

(11-16-2017, 02:21 PM)Tapper Wrote: I have the bare bones model of this one from Peachtree Woodworking. At the time it was $99 or so, a little more now (may be some online coupons or a sale occasionally). After 12+ years I've been very satisfied for the price. I especially like how easy it is to install and remove. Has two handles that screw through the openings in the cast iron table and secure it nicely.

Doug

For a C note, I will build my own and enjoy the process.  If I had a production shop, I likely would purchase one and concentrate on making money.  One-offs are not cost effective to build oneself, but I am a hobbiest, and relaxing by doing is the name of the game.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(11-15-2017, 09:39 PM)GNP Wrote: Wow, it would be difficult to build one for less than the HF.

I called my local H.F. and it has been discontinued and they are out of them. So if you can find one (retail purchase only) you may be in luck.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Mine is pretty basic: Two pieces of 3/4" MDF covered in laminate and wrapped in maple. The fence is a Rockler Multi-track & brackets with cam clamps to secure it on place.

It's held in place by two "T" style knobs threaded through the metal table in to threaded inserts set in place before the laminate was glued on. I did rout a depression so it would sit over the existing table so it would be easy to place back in the same position...

[Image: ju0aJLc.jpg]

[Image: T7yT9jH.jpg]
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I would make the sacrificial block round and make it "off center" so that you can continuously rotate the block to a new area and it won't rotate on its own.
War Eagle!
I do wood and metal, so a nice table wouldn't do the trick for me- it wouldn't last a week.

I just need something to rest various work on and get a hole.  I'll hold some small metals with the pliers.  I use the two way vise (They call it a milling vise is which is incorrect because of accuracy) to do a lot metals and pipes, then made a top to fit the vise for other like wood.

First, I always make a Tee Handle to make adjusting the table faster.
[Image: NtVuFeC.jpg]

I use the vise to hold wood or metal steady and can crank it into a perfect position that won't move.
[Image: otH1PaF.jpg]

I make a table to clamp into the vise.
[Image: 6CWHqLO.jpg]

The table rotates, has a stop peg that can be removed- it holds the work from spinning. The slots hold pegs for repeated holes. The vise can be cranked to adjust almost any position. The pin slot holds it from rotating when I need it set.

[Image: 07adjzv.jpg]

I prefer smaller and quick. Drill and go.  

With the vise, you can make several different tables to clamp in place to suit each drilling type of operations.

Not for everyone.