DTC Self Closing Drawer Slides
Bought a home with soft closing drawers on most of the cabinets.  All are soft close DTC slides.  In one bath, two drawers in a cabinets close properly, that is slowly and softly.  The third one just slams closed.  I've removed it and compared the drawer part settings with one that works fine and see no difference.  It is difficult to see the slide mechanism in the cabinet but I'm guessing that there is something in there that needs repair or replacement.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
(11-15-2017, 10:02 AM)LongLook Wrote: Bought a home with soft closing drawers on most of the cabinets.  All are soft close DTC slides.  In one bath, two drawers in a cabinets close properly, that is slowly and softly.  The third one just slams closed.  I've removed it and compared the drawer part settings with one that works fine and see no difference.  It is difficult to see the slide mechanism in the cabinet but I'm guessing that there is something in there that needs repair or replacement.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

I am not familiar with DTC slides most use a hydraulic dampener.  When these leak they will slam shut.   I doubt if you can buy parts but will probably need to replace the slides.   I have had good luck with Blum slides, not cheap but have not had a failure with them.    Replaced cheaper failed slides (slamming shut ) with the Blums.    Roly
(11-15-2017, 11:35 AM)Roly Wrote: I am not familiar with DTC slides most use a hydraulic dampener.  When these leak they will slam shut.   I doubt if you can buy parts but will probably need to replace the slides.   I have had good luck with Blum slides, not cheap but have not had a failure with them.    Replaced cheaper failed slides (slamming shut ) with the Blums.    Roly

Not to hijack this thread, but do you buy the Blums from anywhere other than Rockler?
(11-15-2017, 02:05 PM)Cdshakes Wrote: Not to hijack this thread, but do you buy the Blums from anywhere other than Rockler?

I use cshardware.com   They are a lot cheaper than Rockler.    However their off brand of the Blum undermounts are the units I replaced.  Glad I had went with the Blums on all the kitchen drawers.  Roly
PS Remember shipping costs if you are only going to buy a few and can drive to a Rockler.