Building Grandsons Christmas Present
(11-30-2017, 09:43 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I  am not, what one would say, good on a computer and I am sure someone can come up with a direct link. But until that happens, here is how to get to the free plans. Note, I did however alter the build based on viewing the video.

Google Nicholson workbench plans. Select free Nicholson knockdown plans. There is a link KD Nicholson Bench and so on , click on it. 

Tom

This looks like it:

https://blog.lostartpress.com/2014/09/08...workbench/
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
what an awesome gift! well done!
Now for the rest of the story about the workbench in question.I did manage to show my grand son, who is 12, how to assemble his workbench when we had our family Christmas a couple of weeks ago. I didn't put it all together but I thought he had the idea.

A couple of days later I did get it to my son's house and assembled it in the garage. Zak was not at home at the time. Today my grandson's stepmother, Donna, sent me a picture of what has happened to it so far. He disassembled it and they took it into the house and he re-assembled it in the dining room and covered it with a table cloth and used it as a buffet table. Go figure.

Donna asked me to build another one a little larger for her to use as a dinning room table so I guess you know where the idea came from. My wife also said if anything ever happens to me she wantes to use my workbench for the kitchen table. So maybe I am on to something new, repurposing workbenches into dinning room tables. Now I need to drive to their house (50 minute drive) and take a couple of pictures so I can post them also.

Tom