kidde fire extinguisher and smoke alarm recall
Update and final for me.

Called FedEx yesterday and the pickup was today. Done.

If you have not done this guys, it is just not that hard.

And should you find yourself trying to used a defective 
extinguisher some day, you will kick yourself.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I still think mine is defective, even thought they said it wasn't.  I think I'll just dispose of it.

My assumption is the trigger just snaps off, and ours looks pretty flimsy. That would be a bite in the butt if you thought you were going to put out a fire
(01-26-2018, 08:52 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Haven’t gotten mine yet....

Me neither, and I put in my request the day this thread started.  Three calls to them, two emails, no joy.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Still haven’t gotten them....
VH07V  
(02-17-2018, 08:28 PM)Admiral Wrote: Me neither, and I put in my request the day this thread started.  Three calls to them, two emails, no joy.

Same here ... early November is when I filled out the online form, said it was to be delivered within 5 weeks, and nothing so far.
(02-17-2018, 11:06 PM)cams2705 Wrote: Same here ... early November is when I filled out the online form, said it was to be delivered within 5 weeks, and nothing so far.

I decided to up the game today.  I sent an email to the customer services rep who I spoke to before at Kidde detailing, chapter and verse, the 5 calls with unfulfilled promises over the last 3 1/2 months (I kept good notes).  Then I sent an email to the Consumer Products Safety Commission, attaching the first Kidde customer service email.  Finally, here's what I sent out to the CEO and the General Counsel of United Technologies, the parent of Kidde, enclosing both prior emails.  The one to McDonough didn't go thru, he's the CEO of the Safety Division, must have a different email system over there in the subsidiary.   The ones to Hayes and Gill didn't bounce back, so if anyone wants to pile on, there you go.  

[EMail to UTC Execs]

To  gregory.hayes@utc.com,    robert.mcdonough@utc.com    charles.gill@utc.com

Gentlemen:  I am writing you as a concerned consumer relative to my experience in attempting to comply with your recall of various models of Kidde fire extinguishers.  I thought that you would be interested in what appears to be the total failure of your recall process, and should also know that this is not an isolated incidence, as social media that I frequent shows that many people have this same issue.

As this is a safety issue, I am sure you would be concerned with the liability issues which may result from such delays in your process. As in-house counsel for a global technology company, I would certainly recommend to my clients that this situation is unacceptable from both a liability perspective, as well as brand identity.  If you, or your delegates, wish to discuss this matter in further detail, I can be reached at [. . . . . . . . . . . ]

I also included a copy of what I sent to the CPSC, who ordered the recall in the first place:

****************************************************************************************************
Below is my recent email to the CPSC:

I am having significant issues with the Kidde Fire Extinguisher recall. Below is my recent email concerning the lack of responsiveness of Kidde. Frankly, I am quite concerned since the four extinguishers I own are now suspect, and in the event of a fire in my home I have no assurances that any of them will work, and that disaster will result. In such a case there would be significant liability of Kidde for its profound failure to supply replacement units in a timely manner, which in this case, has been less than timely - over three and one-half months since the filing of the initial claim on November 2, 2017. Below is my most recent email to Kidde on the topic; given the history of the company's responsiveness, I am not sanguine about a prompt resolution of this issue.
What can you do to escalate this to Kidde? Thank you.
(02-18-2018, 10:58 AM)Admiral Wrote: I decided to up the game today.  

Update:   

Well, within 4 hours of sending the email to United Technologies,  I get an email from the President of "Walter P. Kidde Portable Equipment Inc.", the subsidiary of UTC involved here.  He's tasking his head of consumer services to respond early in the working week.  We'll see what happens.  I guess I touched a nerve with the email to the CPSC, which tells me that my problem is not an isolated incident.   Pretty impressive in terms of prompt reply, especially on a weekend; I'd have been happy with a response in a week.
Good on you for going the extra mile. I bet you have lit a fire
( so to speak ) and that a lot more folks are going to get their
replacements soon. At least I hope so.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(02-18-2018, 04:16 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Good on you for going the extra mile. I bet you have lit a fire
( so to speak ) and that a lot more folks are going to get their
replacements soon.  At least I hope so.

Well, just got off the phone with the VP for Kidde Consumer Services and he's shipping out my four replacements expedited ground today.  28 hours from the first executive level email and problem resolved.  So I have to hand it to them on the speed of resolution, albeit almost three months late.  He also said he was looking into the performance of the outsourced call center in light of my issues.
he should, the call center guy I talked to was horrible.  It really gave me a bad impression of the company.