Can't find my bench
Another post today said we needed to liven things up. So here is my shot at Freeky Friday. I am doing an upgrade to my grinder room and had to tear the shop up for awhile. I put a painters drop cloth on the workbench and then loaded it up with grinder stuff. No woodworking for me until this gets fixed.

[Image: DSCN4608.jpg]
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(11-17-2017, 10:20 PM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: Another post today said we needed to liven things up. So here is my shot at Freeky Friday. I am doing an upgrade to my grinder room and had to tear the shop up for awhile. I put a painters drop cloth on the workbench and then loaded it up with grinder stuff. No woodworking for me until this gets fixed.

[Image: DSCN4608.jpg]

Hey! Who gave you permission to take pictures in my Shop?? Looks a lot like my ( current ) mess - - -

Dave B
You've got a Tormek? How do you like it? Seems dusty, any reason for that?
In your "Where's Waldo" picture, I see maybe 6 or 7 bench vises. When your grinder day is done, do a bench vise day.
Laugh
that makes me feel better about my bench, at least I can use the edge of it.  My tablesaw was pretty badly buried for a long time.  Now it's only 1/3 buried, I can actually use it safely.
Hmmmm..... Must have got a new grinder.

My bench is in pretty good shape today. I try and keep crap thrown out. Hard to so sometimes though.
Smirk
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-18-2017, 01:37 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Hmmmm..... Must have got a new grinder.

That shiny black grinder with the lamp looks like my shiny gray one.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Well, the Tormek just got a new home in the new grinder workbench.

[Image: DSCN4611.jpg]

Now that I can get to it easily it might see more use. I bought it back in the 1990s when I did not understand sharpening and it taught me just what sharpening was. I learned how to grind by trying to duplicate what the Tormek did and finally did well enough to grind freehand and put the Tormek out to pasture for awhile. Running it was so much fun my wife actually used it to sharpen blades while watching TV.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Whew! That was a rough few days. I was jonesing without the bench. At least now the shop is getting back to normal.

[Image: DSCN4615.jpg]
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com