Which Bosch ROS sander to buy?
Well, I tried putting a new belt on my Porter Cable ROS, and it didn't help. I don't think I want to sink more money into it as it's probably not worth more than a few bucks at this point anyway, so I'm gonna need to get a new one.

I made another thread in the past couple weeks asking about fixing my Porter Cable sander, and at least a few suggested getting a Bosch ROS instead. I have had great experiences with the few Bosch tools I've used (including my belt sander...VERY heavy duty), so I think I'll try that. I re-checked that thread and there were no suggestions for specific models or prices that I saw, though. I saw one that was like $60 by them...is that one good? It had great reviews on Amazon but I thought I'd check opinions of that one on here, too.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
Almost on the eve of Black Friday I would look at what is offered. Bosch is good, 40% off retail is really good too, even if it isn't Bosch.......
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I've used a 3725 for more years than I can remember. But it's not the $60 one. Mine has never had a problem, haven't even replaced the pad despite a lot of use. When hooked to a shop vac with the Bosch adapter it gets almost all the dust, but you do need to throttle the suction back (a lot).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The Bosch ROS65VC  is more money but comparable with a Festool for far less.  I've had one for 4 or 5 years now and it is a joy to use, as much as sanding can be joyful.  Very low vibration (hence the VC), easy to control, and leaves a swirl free finish even across face frame joints. I actually bought the 6" pad version, but later bought the 5" pad in order to use some products that only come in 5".  The on board dust collection is best in class, but it also comes with an adapter to hook it up to a vacuum. 

John
I've got a older (8 yr?) Bosch 3727DVES 6" that's been a stellar sander. Purchased before I got my Festool 150/3
Both sanders are very comparable.
If I needed another, I wouldn't turn my head at Bosch again. Good tools
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-18-2017, 12:52 PM)jteneyck Wrote: The Bosch ROS65VC  is more money but comparable with a Festool for far less.  I've had one for 4 or 5 years now and it is a joy to use, as much as sanding can be joyful.  Very low vibration (hence the VC), easy to control, and leaves a swirl free finish even across face frame joints. I actually bought the 6" pad version, but later bought the 5" pad in order to use some products that only come in 5".  The on board dust collection is best in class, but it also comes with an adapter to hook it up to a vacuum. 

John

Looks like Amazon/Bosch is offering "$30 off when you spend $149 or more" on jt's sander link, above, if that helps you.
Even after having read the attached I can't figure if the price you will pay for the sander John linked to 219 bux, or 189? Adding it to my cart it was 219. Am I to assume the 30 has been taken off?

"Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 23, 2017.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
Offer does not apply to digital content.
Offer good while supplies last.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
Offer may not be combined with other offers.
Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 off $149 in spending.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards."
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Another vote for the Bosch ROS65VC-6. I got one this year and have been very happy with it. I really like the low vibration and the fact that i can use both 6" and 5" pads. You will be amazed how fast you can remove material with the 6" pad and a coarse grit paper. I have both pads and actually use the 5" pad a little more then I though I would.
Earl
Is the difference between the 3725 and the ROS65 the VC technology? They look very much alike, and as I age I may opt to go with the gentler sander.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I just got a 1250 DEVS 6".  That extra inch makes a big difference.  2 modes and the aggressive mode removes wood fast.  A bit more money though.