Bathroom makeover
This has been in the works for quite awhile.
The old bathroom was in need of an upgrade.
Our house is being all done in the craftsman style which would be period correct.
There was room to add about 12" behind the long wall.

First the before

After demolition and starting to put it all back together.
Walls removed and rebuilt.
The extra space  is huge in a small bathroom.

I made a craftsman styled column  from quartersawn white oak   for storage and it houses the laundry chute.

Also made the vanity from QSWO.
I had some special pieces to incorporate into the door panels.

The top from a piece of stone we had at work.

More to follow.....................
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Wanting to disguise the solar tube a bit, the ceiling was inletted and leaded glass panels installed.
Additional lighting was also added.
Again, the trim work is all QSWO.

The leaded glass panels are actually salvaged doors from a built in on an old house that was being torn down.
I still need to finish above the glass better and add a frost to the back of the glass panels.

New subway tile was added in the bathroom, including the shower.
We found a tile maker who makes these detailed oak leaf and acorn tiles.
With us in the nursery business, the oak tiles were a perfect match.

A burnt red hex tile was chosen for the floor.
The new look

With limited space, the room is a bit tough to photograph.
A few more details need to be added.
I am working on a mirror for above the vanity next.

Thanks for looking 
Yes
Greg

Danchris Nursery
That's awesome looking, very good detail work. I like it,
Yes
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I like it can't really see the floor.  I like the vanity top idea I have a few large pieces of stone that I was trying to find a use for.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Outstanding!
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Wow that's very nice work! What are you doing with the hammer drill on the piece of stone with the circle drawn on it? Are you trying to drill a series of holes and then knock the circle out?
(11-19-2017, 05:40 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Wow that's very nice work!  What are you doing with the hammer drill on the piece of stone with the circle drawn on it?  Are you trying to drill a series of holes and then knock the circle out?

That is exactly what I was doing.
Lots of holes.
After drilling the holes, i connected all of the holes with the drill
After getting it to size, I did not want to risk breaking the stone.

I snapped three sides.
The front had a slight curve which I really liked so I left it as it was.

Seems like when ever I take on a project, I have to add all of my own touches.
I usually like the results but picking up something from Menard's would sure be a lot quicker 
Laugh
Greg

Danchris Nursery
Very nice.
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-19-2017, 04:06 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I like it can't really see the floor.  

Greg

Danchris Nursery
I like that out here you would see that pattern in white marble in a lot of the old buildings in SF probably Sacramento too
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.