Router table height?
Okay, put my new table togheter today and after adding the casters it ended up at 39" tall.  My other table is like 35", but 39 seems like a better height for me.  Any reason I should shorten it, easier to access my PRL.
I've found table heights come to me after standing in front of them for a short while. Problem is if they are either too high, or low I get back pain. I tend to find higher rather than shorter is the direction I head to, but it has always been trial and error. I am certainly not one where knuckle high is the correct height though. For me personally I like a router table where my elbows are bent, and the work is mid waist, but shorter than nipple line high.

I've also been told I am weird too.......
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
mine is 35 1/2" high.  I'm used to it, but I wouldn't mind it being a bit taller.  I'd be ok with 39".
Bob
Everything in my shop is 38" high.  It's a convenient working height for me and saves headaches when moving bigger stock around the shop.
My router table is 40" tall. It's much more comfortable to use at that height, and I feel as though I've got much better control as I move pieces through the bit....

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(11-19-2017, 06:34 PM)BobW Wrote: mine is 35 1/2" high.  I'm used to it, but I wouldn't mind it being a bit taller.  I'd be ok with 39".

(11-19-2017, 08:56 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Everything in my shop is 38" high.  It's a convenient working height for me and saves headaches when moving bigger stock around the shop.

(11-20-2017, 12:36 AM)Big Dave Wrote: My router table is 40" tall. It's much more comfortable to use at t hat height, and I feel as though I've got much better control as I move pieces through the bit....

Curious - How tall are you guys?
I'm 6' 2" and shrinking, used to be 6' 3 1/2" my favorite router table was 42" tall back when I was taller. Current one is 41" I shrunk it because I was too. Wish it were 42" still. Love my TS, but hate it's height, something like 34" makes my back hurt if I am cutting for long, same with Jointer, Planers. I think shop engineers are all short guys
Big Grin

Now they make band saws taller it seems, doesn't make sense.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I like 35".
I'm 6-2, All my benches, router table, and the TS are 38", and my 8' long miter/RAS bench is 44" high.

Mike
(11-20-2017, 12:45 AM)Cian Wrote: Curious - How tall are you guys?

6'4" - used to be 6'6", but I'm settling and spreading.
Uhoh