Gas Generator Won't Run
Yeah that's baloney first he has diesel generator then he's putting gas in it. 

Here's something thats not baloney:

Use non-ethanol gas in all your small engine equipment. 

There are several additives you can also use.

Big believer in SeaFoam.  I throw some in the gas at the beginning of the season and periodically.   

Stabil is also another very good product.
(12-07-2017, 12:29 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: Here's something thats not baloney:

Use non-ethanol gas in all your small engine equipment. 

There are several additives you can also use.

Big believer in SeaFoam.  I throw some in the gas at the beginning of the season and periodically.   

Stabil is also another very good product.

I change the gas in the generator once a year, before the winter.  Stabil added, of course, and non-ethanol gasoline exclusively.  We have a station only a mile or two away that sells ethanol-free premium.  
Yes 

I also put leftover gas from the outboard motor and whatever's left in the two metal 5-gallon safety cans into DW's car, and refill with fresh ethanol-free gas for the winter, in case we get an ice storm and need extended running on the generator.  22 gallons stored in my in-laws' garage for safety, along with another 6 in my tractor and my FIL's.  Should be able to hold us until at least the gas stations get power back.

In the spring, the OB gets fresh gas, but the tractor doesn't seem to care, and it's far cheaper to fix if it did.

I should give Seafoam a try in the old snowblower I just got running for my in-laws' driveway.  Won't run unless partly choked, though a new carb is only something like $15 on Amazon.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(12-07-2017, 12:42 PM)TDKPE Wrote:  though a new carb is only something like $15 on Amazon.

at that price, IMO it's not worth cleaning. carb dip costs more than that.  my experience is a new carb, or a cleaned carb fixes about 99% of small engine fuel issues.  fresh gas fixes .09% of the remainder.