Paint Problem
I have repaired an old oak china cabinet. Part of the repair was cutting apart and re-gluing the 3 boards that make up the top which were splitting along the old glue lines.  I used Titebond liquid hide glue on all repairs including re-gluing the top. I sanded and stained the cabinet with General Finishes gel stain. After staining, it did not have the look we wanted, so I decided to paint it using acrylic enamel (water based). Before painting, I gave it a coat of shellac seal coat.

After the first coat of paint, there were tiny rough ridges along the glue lines of the top (also on the underside of the top). I sanded this coat of paint off, coated the top with another coat of shellac, and repainted. After the paint has dried, the ridges are back (not as bad). Sorry I can't get a good picture of it. I'm guessing that there is some incompatibility between the glue and the paint. But, I would think that the shellac would take care of that. Also, while this is the only flat panel made up of edge glued boards, there are other glued together components where the paint could come in contact with a glue line. The problem has not occurred at any of these places. Any ideas or suggestions?
I'd try oil enamel.  If its a large item to be painted and If you have a conversion gun you can spray Rustoleum easily.  Just thin with 10% acetone.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I now wish I had started with oil, but the rest of it is all painted and I really don't want to strip it again. Already spent hours doing that the first time. I would like to find a fix, if possible. But, thanks.