folley belsaw 3109
what is a folley belsaw 3109 planer with molding knives in prestine condtion worth about.
thanks
It's hard to say.  What size motor does it come with? 

I got a Belsaw planer with 3 hp motor on eBay for $38. But then it was pick up only and the owner could not verify that it worked so there was a limited number of bidders. I see them on Craigslist for $250 - $500 around here depending on accessories, etc.
Mine was a 3112 I think, can't remember for sure. 12", planer knives only when I sold it for $150.00 several years back.  It worked ok, but always had snipe.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-20-2017, 05:27 PM)stav Wrote: It's hard to say.  What size motor does it come with? 

I got a Belsaw planer with 3 hp motor on eBay for $38. But then it was pick up only and the owner could not verify that it worked so there was a limited number of bidders. I see them on Craigslist for $250 - $500 around here depending on accessories, etc.

5 hp looks in excellent condition.
If you're looking to sell, the only real way to find out what the market will allow is to post it for what you want. Drop the price as necessary until you find someone willing to bite.
(11-20-2017, 04:32 PM)wing nut Wrote: what is a folley belsaw 3109 planer with molding knives in prestine condtion worth about.
thanks

3109?  I know of a 9103 .  I had a 984 with a 5 HP Baldor motor, which looks like the vintage of the one the OP has.  I paid $250 for it, and later sold it for $400.  It had at least 12 sets of molding knives with it, plus the rip saw attachment (which I gave to a WoodNetter), plus the sanding attachments, plus the molding board.      

The 9103 is an earlier model.  Price is going to depend upon how many molding knives there are and how useful they are to the buyer.     

John