Two Marking Gauges For Sale HANDTOOL
Star 
Folks, I've been working on some marking gauges and have two for sale today.  Although these are shop-made, the fit-and-finish is good, and these gauges will serve you well for many years.  

Marking Gauge #1

[Image: marking-gauge-1-11-17-1.jpg?w=640&h=457]

This marking gauge is made from black cherry, and the fence is faced with spalted pecan.    The arm locks securely with a sliding dowel mechanism, which is operated with one hand.  Press the button on one side firmly and the arm locks; press the other one and it unlocks.  There is no side-to-side play in the arm.  At first, the arm will require some pressure to slide in and out, but this will become easier with repeated use.

[Image: marking-gauge-1-11-17.jpg?w=640&h=457]

The pin is made from hardened steel and sharpened to a rounded spear-point, so it cuts in either direction.  While a pin-style gauge works best with the grain, this gauge will also mark across the grain if used with light pressure.  As you resharpen the pin, you can tap it down from the top.

[Image: marking-gauge-1-11-17-2.jpg?w=640&h=457]

Overall dimensions: the arm is 6″ long and about 5/8″ square.  The fence is 2 1/4″ wide, 2 3/8″ tall, and 1 1/4″ thick.  Finish is only paste-wax rubbed out to a light sheen.
Price: $40.00 plus $8.00 shipping.

Marking Gauge #2

[Image: marking-gauge-2-11-17.jpg?w=640&h=457]

This marking gauge is made from black cherry, and the fence is faced with spalted pecan.  The bell-shaped profile of the fence gives you a convenient place to rest your finger and thumb.  The profile also offers a wider bearing surface than most other gauges without making the fence too big to wrap your hand around.

The arm locks securely with a sliding dowel mechanism, which is operated with one hand.  Press the button on one side firmly and the arm locks; press the other one and it unlocks.  There is no side-to-side play in the arm.  At first, the arm will require some pressure to slide in and out, but this will become easier with repeated use.

[Image: marking-gauge-2-11-17-1.jpg?w=640&h=457]

The pin is made from hardened steel and sharpened to a rounded spear-point, so it cuts in either direction.  While a pin-style gauge works best with the grain, this gauge will also mark across the grain if used with light pressure.  As you resharpen the pin, you can tap it down from the top.

[Image: marking-gauge-2-11-17-2.jpg?w=640&h=449]

Overall dimensions: the arm is 7″ long and about 5/8″ square.  The fence is 2 5/8″ wide, 2 3/8″ tall, and 1 1/4″ thick.  Finish is only paste-wax rubbed out to a light sheen.

Price: $40.00 plus $8.00 shipping.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
These French gauges are a bargain. They work very well, and the best part is you can set them with one hand. I made one myself last year, but it didn't come out nearly as nice as these.
I'll take #1 if still available.
PM sent on the second gauge. Thanks,

Kevin
Both gauges are sold pending payment. If you missed these, I may have a couple more ready for sale before Christmas.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I picked up the gauge from the post office today, and have to say it's just beautiful. When you offer more, I'll jump on them.