Early WoodNet, still more added
Haven't heard from Father Peter in a long while.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(01-05-2018, 03:50 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Name escapes me........the dust collector dude. There was some wars fought on that front.
Laugh

was it BobDodge
(01-09-2018, 03:50 PM)KWaugh Wrote: was it BobDodge

If you are talking about the cat collector,that was rbl2

Mel
As I recall, the fight was between Bill Pentz and Bob Dodge. Pentz is very knowledgeable about dust collection and Dodge knows chip collection. There are several optimum setups that do one or the other well, but not both(according to the two of them).

Pentz just could not be civil.

Dodge pulled in his uncivility.

Sad part was there was a lot of good information by both folks.
Seems like I saw a post by Father Peter not too long ago, but then  can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I talked to Father Peter about an hour ago.
He is doing well and busy with his job 
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(01-09-2018, 07:03 PM)2beast Wrote: I talked to Father Peter about an hour ago.
He is doing well and busy with his job 
Yes

Thanks Greg,appreciate it.Guess I was wrong on the dust collector thing.

Mel
(01-09-2018, 04:34 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Sad part was there was a lot of good information by both folks.

Sad indeed.  I remember those discussions.  Lots of good info flying around.

Edit:  Poking about my PM's, I have 27 from Bob D.  Similar number sent.  Sometimes it gets a little depressing looking through some old conversations with folks who aren't here any more.  
Sad
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(01-09-2018, 07:19 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: Thanks Greg,appreciate it.Guess I was wrong on the dust collector thing.

Mel

Thanks for thinking of me.

I've been away for a long time but every now and then I'll stop by and post a question.

I was without a shop for a year when I first moved here to NC.

Now I have a shop and I'm trying to get back into it more often. So I suspect that I'll be posting more because of that.

I love my job but it sure is keeping me busy.
Peter

My "day job"
For the newer members, Peter Tremblay is better recognized by the long time folks as Father Peter, a real Catholic priest with a looooong history here on WoodNet. He joined WN as a Franciscan friar(I think I have that right) and quickly became the 'Official Religious Problem Helper' before graduating to the 'Official WoodNet Confessor'.

Actually, tongue in cheek aside, Father Peter is a really good guy, pretty accomplished woodworker(if he ever gets his bombe chest finished), and a superb teacher(even if his techniques sometimes get him in hot water).