Early WoodNet, still more added
(02-08-2024, 05:56 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I haven’t posted in awhile. Life just got to busy. I’m still building furniture just not as much. Hopefully life will slow down when my kids are out of school. The kids and other interests keep my busy. My guess is most of the guys on here now will not even recognize my screen name.

Dave, I don't know if you remember, but well over a decade ago you gave me an 1172 that had been sitting on your shelf, NIB, for years.  I don't use it often, but every time I do I think of the beatiful piece you were building (in a garage at that point) and the story of how your business got started with a high boy on CraigsList. 

I'm two years into my own custom table business that, while profitable, is still a far way from taking over as my day job.

Yeah, I still recognize your name!
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-06-2024, 06:33 PM)Kmucha16 Wrote: Yes, long time being here. I do miss some of the characters...Curlycherry was always a favorite. I've met a few (Janus) and always enjoyed the banter. I still stop by here and there to see what folks are working on. Brad's recent table post is a great example.

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin!

I hope to have ten of them to post about this year--that's my business goal for 2024.
Semper fi,
Brad

Dave, I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing.

I think of Nikki and routerman when I use stuff I learned/got from them.

I’m glad I was here to enjoy and learn during the forum’s better days.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
(02-08-2024, 05:56 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I haven’t posted in awhile. Life just got to busy. I’m still building furniture just not as much. Hopefully life will slow down when my kids are out of school. The kids and other interests keep my busy. My guess is most of the guys on here now will not even recognize my screen name.

Every once in a while we bring your name up—particularly when talking about today’s fine craftsmen.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(02-08-2024, 05:56 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: ... My guess is most of the guys on here now will not even recognize my screen name.

Heck, I still remember your old screen name.

Yes
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(02-08-2024, 05:56 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: My guess is most of the guys on here now will not even recognize my screen name.

I was just thinking of you before Christmas when I saw the cuban mahogany off cuts I bought from you years back. 
Yes

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I still have a massive slab of that Cuban mahogany that I want to build another Bombe chest from. One day I will get around to it.
I remember the days of a thread falling off the first page in a matter of hours, and frequently having many replies in as much time.

Now it seems threads sit for days to weeks.

Duke
Well heck,  if ole Dave can sign back on, I reckon I can too!

Says the last time I signed on was 2016-07-18,  Sorry, I had to go to the rest room!

Hello to all you old timers, who might remember me.

If you're a newbie, my only claim to fame, is that I'm the guy who brought the Reindeer to the forum. 

I've lurked a few times over the years, but that's all.

My woodworking has slacked way off.....life, etc. 

I'm finally retired as of the first of the year.  As soon as I can catch up the "Honey Do" list, from SWMBO, then I hope to get back at it some.

I'll try not to be gone quite as long between postings....but no promises! LOL
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jellyside down.
A cat glued to some jelly toast will hover in quantum indecision.
(02-19-2024, 09:53 AM)NoTalentRookie Wrote: Well heck,  if ole Dave can sign back on, I reckon I can too!

Says the last time I signed on was 2016-07-18,  Sorry, I had to go to the rest room!

Hello to all you old timers, who might remember me.

If you're a newbie, my only claim to fame, is that I'm the guy who brought the Reindeer to the forum. 

I've lurked a few times over the years, but that's all.

My woodworking has slacked way off.....life, etc. 

I'm finally retired as of the first of the year.  As soon as I can catch up the "Honey Do" list, from SWMBO, then I hope to get back at it some.

I'll try not to be gone quite as long between postings....but no promises! LOL

Well look at what the cat dragged in! Good to see you back too NTR.
Frank