Early WoodNet, still more added
(02-19-2024, 09:53 AM)NoTalentRookie Wrote: Well heck,  if ole Dave can sign back on, I reckon I can too!

Says the last time I signed on was 2016-07-18,  Sorry, I had to go to the rest room!

Hello to all you old timers, who might remember me.

If you're a newbie, my only claim to fame, is that I'm the guy who brought the Reindeer to the forum. 

I've lurked a few times over the years, but that's all.

My woodworking has slacked way off.....life, etc. 

I'm finally retired as of the first of the year.  As soon as I can catch up the "Honey Do" list, from SWMBO, then I hope to get back at it some.

I'll try not to be gone quite as long between postings....but no promises! LOL

Must be something in the air...a bunch of older profiles are coming back to life!
(02-19-2024, 11:21 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Well look at what the cat dragged in! Good to see you back too NTR.

Good to see ya Frank!

I think you're the only one from the forum, that I ever shook hands with!
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jellyside down.
A cat glued to some jelly toast will hover in quantum indecision.
(02-19-2024, 12:32 PM)NoTalentRookie Wrote: Good to see ya Frank!

Where have you been, seems like it's been a while since I've seen you post. Maybe I just overlooked them.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-19-2024, 12:32 PM)NoTalentRookie Wrote: Good to see ya Frank!

Yes we did! It was at a woodworking show somewhere in the Atlanta area, don't remember exactly where.
Frank
NTR

Even though you’ve been in the Loo since 2016, we’ve kept your memory alive with an annual bump for the reindeers.
Welcome back.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I've learned so much over the past 18 years from these forums. The Woodsmith mags gave me many projects too. (I have every issue!)
Brings back memories!
VH07V  
It's been a long, long while since I last logged in here.  I mainly hung out in the turning forum, but I was a pretty avid reader of all of them.  I see a lot of names that are familiar to me, but I also don't see several people I remember.  I can't remember exact names, but there was one guy I believe named Alan who hung out in the off topic forum.  He had a cabin in North Carolina (I believe) and would put a weekend up for auction when we did charity fund raisers.  Another I remember from the auctions was a guy who would put up cigars from his personal stash.  I don't recall his name, though.  I also recall Anthony Yak, who was a very good woodturner.  And Alan Chavis, for that matter.  I also recall Peter Trembley, I believe his name was.  Friar from the northeast who used hand tools.  A lot of guys in the Off Topic forum donated a lot of tools for him to start out, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, it's been a nice trip down memory lane.
Life is short. Eat your dessert first.

With great power comes a large electric bill.
I believe it was Bones that donated the weekend at his cabin. His real name was Alan.
NoTalentRookie a blast from the past. Good to see you back here. I've made dozens of the reindeer from the plans you posted here .