Early WoodNet, still more added
I remember reading about the "new" impact drivers for a while, but I couldn't afford/justify one.

Then a guy I helped build Montessori school furniture sent me to Atlanta to assemble 20 shelf units and only gave me a cordless drill and one battery.  

I realized it was going to run out of power about the time I got started good so I ran down to HD and picked up one of the new Makita impacts with a "30 day satisfaction guarantee".

By the time the 30 days were up we had two more
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(12-02-2017, 10:42 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I remember reading about the "new" impact drivers for a while, but I couldn't afford/justify one.

Then a guy I helped build Montessori school furniture sent me to Atlanta to assemble 20 shelf units and only gave me a cordless drill and one battery.  

I realized it was going to run out of power about the time I got started good so I ran down to HD and picked up one of the new Makita impacts with a "30 day satisfaction guarantee".

By the time the 30 days were up we had two more
Laugh

Just had a tussle with HomeDepot over a Dewalt ID that the bit got jammed in....Dude in Customer service explained they would send it off for evaluation....at $17.50. In a couple weeks they would let me know the verdict and fix it, charging my card.....so Im like wait...its brand new...used 2 times...got the Borg stare....drove 20 miles to the Dewalt Service Center....nice lady says that aint right....leave it and we will call u in a week.

Can I continue to hate big boxes?  Do they understand why Amazon is eating their lunch?

And Impact drivers are sweet. Period.
Watch your fingers!!

(12-03-2017, 04:10 PM)MissouriSawdust Wrote:   Do they understand why Amazon is eating their lunch?

No, cuz they are stupid. They'll wake up when they lock the doors...........maybe.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

This thread has gotten this far without a photo of the infamous scrawny legs?
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
(11-29-2017, 06:46 PM)Steve N Wrote: These are PB pics, if they don't come out, let me know. I can post them here. I'll just need to shrink em first.

Some pics from the first SW Ohio get together. Bob Ross hosted (BacsiBob) who we just lost in the spring. He will be missed, very good guy.

[Image: BobRoss.jpg]

A great guy, we never shook in person, and that is my loss.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(12-03-2017, 04:10 PM)MissouriSawdust Wrote: Can I continue to hate big boxes?  Do they understand why Amazon is eating their lunch?

I don't know about other big box stores, but HD is not going anywhere according to this: http://www.businessinsider.com/home-depo...st-2017-11

Amazon may be killing everyone, but HD seems to be the place people still shop at.

In the absence of any better alternatives on a similar scale, where could they go?

Simon
(12-04-2017, 01:11 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I don't know about other big box stores, but HD is not going anywhere according to this: http://www.businessinsider.com/home-depo...st-2017-11

Amazon may be killing everyone, but HD seems to be the place people still shop at.

In the absence of any better alternatives on a similar scale, where could they go?

Simon

I will always shop at Menards first prior to HD or Lowes.  UNLESS, its for a power tool.  Menards' tool department sucks butt.
(12-07-2017, 07:47 PM)Cian Wrote: I will always shop at Menards first prior to HD or Lowes.  UNLESS, its for a power tool.  Menards' tool department sucks butt.

I also check there first, and will also admit to having bought a ROS there XYZ brand, was on sale and 11% off, practically free, and I have been torturing that thing, and it just keeps doing a great job. I also bought my 60 gallon compressor there a few years back, same deal, on sale, 11%, it has run well every time I needed it, and it is awesome having ready supply for whatever I want to do with air tools again. Pancakes are great, but sad on long jobs. At 11% off I'll look there for tools first.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
For several years, Basement denizens insisted(and still do) that a thread was not real unless there were pictures included or the answers went way off the subject matter(HiJacked).

That tradition is alive and producing continual offspring.
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
(12-08-2017, 02:44 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: For several years, Basement denizens insisted(and still do) that a thread was not real unless there were pictures included or the answers went way off the subject matter(HiJacked).

That tradition is alive and producing continual offspring.
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

I still agree with the picture . but even then there was a guy that posted picture of others work clamming they were his own , until he got caught, LOL  another thing you don't see much any more  is acronyms like SWMBO
I had a link called " acronym finder " .  Then people were coming up with their own meanings, They were starting to get out of hand, 
Laugh   now we have emojis but not as creative as they use to be  [Image: smilband.gif]  run run Rudolph
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop