My kind of shop.
He has the stuff- for sure!
 I didn't see a big assembly section though and if you built a big piece, how would you get it out of there?

My favorite type of building for a shop is a comfortable old wooden barn- it has the atmosphere of woodworking.
Sanitary white walls and lights just don't do it for me. Worry too much about that terrible sawdust and keeping it spotless.
To each their own.
Its amazing how clean he can keep the place considering how tightly packed it is with tools.
Wow! I thought my shop was cramped and close, but that place takes the cake! I can't imagine how you would actually build something in there. That may be the answer to Stav's comment about how clean the place is.
I would go nuts in that shop. It is WAY too cluttered. He appears to have every tool known to man but nowhere to actually build anything. Honestly it looks like a tool collectors shop to me. I have all the machinery I need in my shop but after being cramped into a small shop for years I am very conscious about open space. Here is a link to my shop. It still isn’t completely finished. It will probably be a work in progress for at least another two years. It is tough trying to balance commission work, house renovation work, Shop renovation work and family time. The one that takes the biggest hit is the shop. As long as everything is functional and efficient it is hard to spend time with upgrades. Every now and then I take a few days for maintenance and improvements though.

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...light=shop
Have to agree with the majority, there isn't any room to work on something bigger than maybe 2X2X2.

My shop, a 2 car garage, is partly the same way, one side cramped, with stuff against the wall, a skinny Isle, the TS and extension/router table, drill press, band saw, and lathe down the center. The other side, except for the planer, 60Gal compressor, dust collector,all against the wall, is open. This gives me a decent(?) sized area to work on big cabinets and tables, Mill ruff stock, and break down sheet goods. you need some open space.

Mike
Agree it’s a tool collectors shop. Why does he have like 8 drills for instance? And 3 giant wheels with jars on them? Does he have stock in roller conveyors?

No offense of course. Collecting tools and setting up shop is fun, he just went to the extreme with it.
(11-21-2017, 08:45 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Wow! I thought my shop was cramped and close, but that place takes the cake!...

Exactly what my first reaction was! Now I feel much better.
Smile
Wood is good. 
(11-20-2017, 08:27 PM)daddo Wrote: He has the stuff- for sure!
 I didn't see a big assembly section though and if you built a big piece, how would you get it out of there?

Had a "claustrophobic" feeling just looking at the video! No open space and no windows - not for me.

Doug
I just don't get it.

Too many gadgets.
Too many multiples.
Too many tools one would hardly ever need.
Too little machine capacity.
Too little space.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English