My kind of shop.
(11-21-2017, 11:46 AM)Tapper Wrote: Had a "claustrophobic" feeling just looking at the video! No open space and no windows - not for me.

Doug

There isn't a single project being built in the shop.  My guess is that he goes to every tool auction he can uncover and is just in it for the, "Look at my toys" Ego Bump.  It is more laid out as a tool resale shop than a working shop.
There's more to the story here; http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/
Looks like he likes to piddle in there. Which is fine.....
Yes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

there is sawdust visible in the pics.  Also, it sounds like he moves machines a lot.  The tablesaw has a big outfeed table. The tablesaw is the thing that causes me problems in my too-small shop.  And he has a panel saw. No doubt he spends more time cleaning than he might if he got rid of some duplicate machines.
(11-21-2017, 08:03 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looks like he likes to piddle in there. Which is fine.....
Yes
What he said.  This guy is enjoying his hobby in his own way, and we're entitled to our own pastimes.  Lookin' forward to maybe seeing him on a future episode of Hoarders. 
Laugh  
Smirk
(11-22-2017, 04:42 PM)Cian Wrote: What he said.  This guy is enjoying his hobby in his own way, and we're entitled to our own pastimes.  Lookin' forward to maybe seeing him on a future episode of Hoarders. 
Laugh  
Smirk

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(11-20-2017, 08:27 PM)daddo Wrote: He has the stuff- for sure!
 I didn't see a big assembly section though and if you built a big piece, how would you get it out of there?

Packer guy holds the title for a LOT of tools in a very small shop, at least ones I have seen pics of. He managed to do a lot of work, but I think most of it was something you could easily carry out.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(11-22-2017, 04:42 PM)Cian Wrote: What he said.  This guy is enjoying his hobby in his own way, and we're entitled to our own pastimes.  Lookin' forward to maybe seeing him on a future episode of Hoarders. 
Laugh  
Smirk

Tool Hoarders Extreme  
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yep. A bit too cozy for me...
Smirk
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
And I thought I had problems remembering just where I sat that tool down or where that piece of hardware is.

I visited a guy's shop a few months ago.   He was very, very proud of his shop.    I concluded (to myself) that my shop is to build projects not that my project is to build shops