Even Neanderthals...
Stop by the Christmas Forum

Burma Shave
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
I don't know that it's kosher to use the Burma Shave tag line unless you write the whole poem.  And there needs to be a joke in it somewhere.

But, good recommendation.
Be a noble.
Not a slave.
Caesar uses,
Burma Shave!
It's been a long time since I saw a BurmaShave sign.  Used to be some on the way over the my grand folks place on Highway 55, but that's so many years ago I have no recollection what they said anymore,
You could look it up.  There are multiple sites on the interweb listing some of the classic Burma Shave poems.

While the interstate gets us there (wherever there is) faster, reducing the number of times someone in the back seat asks/whines, "Are we there yet?", the old two-lane highways were sure a lot more interesting.
There was campground in IN,  called Bear Creek.     There used to be a bunch of the Burma Shave signs, both in the Dining Room, and over in the "Village"....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(11-21-2017, 01:46 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: You could look it up.  There are multiple sites on the interweb listing some of the classic Burma Shave poems.

While the interstate gets us there (wherever there is) faster, reducing the number of times someone in the back seat asks/whines, "Are we there yet?", the old two-lane highways were sure a lot more interesting.
+1....I much prefer "the roads less traveled" and drive them when time permits...I put about a hundred miles on back roads two days ago.....like stepping back in time!!!!!
Cool
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset