My smart phone controlled Air Compressor

Wemo smart outlet  $20
120v coil motor contactor $10
120v coil valve $20 (surplus)

The Wemo app or Alexa activates the smart outlet.  This energizes the motor contactor in the grey box which sends power to the compressor and to a solenoid valve which opens the compressor to my air supply piping system.  Using a motor contactor isolates the high amp motor loads from passing through the smart outlet... only the contactor coil voltage runs through the Wemo.

the Wemo also has a timer function so I can have it shut itself off after any preset time period.

The future is great!

Thanks to BloomingtonMike for the idea.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Pretty cool. My compressor is in the corner of the shop (shared with the kids bikes). It would be handy to not have to climb around the bikes to turn it on.
Why I was in Colorado just a week or two ago and thought to myself; "I sure wish I could turn my compressed air on from here".
Laugh

I do like the idea of being able to view the video cameras from anywhere you might be. They are becoming more popular.
(11-22-2017, 12:00 AM)daddo Wrote: Why I was in Colorado just a week or two ago and thought to myself; "I sure wish I could turn my compressed air on from here".
Laugh

I do like the idea of being able to view the video cameras from anywhere you might be. They are becoming more popular.

While searching for info online on how contactors work with smart outlets I saw a link with many other ideas.  Smart outlet controlling electric water heaters via a contactor.  What a great idea for people with a vacation home.   Being able to turn on the water heater a day before you get there!

I have an extra solenoid valve.  I might right up a box that I can put inline to the garden hose and thus be able to water my garden or any new planted grass whenever I want from wherever I am.  The outlet duration timer would be set to shut it off after a preset time.

I've already got the wifi cameras that I can view on my smart phone to monitor such things.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Looks great! I love all the ideas too.

I am a big fan of full encoding so you not only send signals to do the switching or whatever, but that you monitor the state so you know it is actually doing what you code it to. You can then code error handling functions if something fails.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.