Rust Hunt on a Monday?
If that is when I have change in my pocket....
Rolleyes  

Little bit rusty, and krusty?   Chisel's handle was in a different  box.....seemed to fit the chisel, though.  
Cool

First saw the gear wheel's edge, I thought it might have been a Millers Falls No. 5     NOT.   Name on the crank's handle says Defiance  Made in USA....got it all cleaned up, oiled up, chuck loosened up....

The four auger bits....one is a #5, the others are #4s....

These were $1 a pair....in a coffee can full of bits.    These were the sizes I needed.

Close up of the gear drive.    A few drops of 3in1 oil got things moving again.  

Chisel is an 1-1/4" wide firmer chisel, logo says it is a "clearcut" brand....Hardware Store brand?   I have a panel saw with the same logo...
Cool 

$20 + sales tax......may have to return to that store......someday...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
What are you going to use/do to get the rust off the egg beater?
(11-22-2017, 06:31 AM)Tynyyn Wrote: What are you going to use/do to get the rust off the egg beater?
wire wheels, on both a grinder, and the drill press.
I've never liked a wire wheel on a drill press. I use a wheel on a hand drill to get into nooks and crannies. Be sure you use a "FINE" brass wheel and not the "Coarse" one. Makes a difference on the final appearance. Maybe hit it with a buffing wheel also. I like a white wheel and use green compound on it. I am anticipating some good results when you get finished. Hope you have fun with the rehab.
Instead of a wire wheel on a grinder get a HF buffer. There’s more room between the motor and end of the spindle to get at the hard to reach areas.
Don
Too late....already have wire wheeled it clean.    Mainly  used a large brass wire wheel in the drill press.    Fine wire one....
Cool 

Debating on whether to repaint the handles....Defiance used a gloss black, with a red gear.   Will need to sand the large handle smooth, first. 

Last one of the Defiance line was made about  1952.
Cool     Stanley then went to something called "Handyman" ( came from the North Brothers' line up)...eggbeater is almost the same as a Stanley 1550?
Confused

a few looks..

The wire wheels  can get down and clean out the teeth on the gears...

Not the best...camera doesn't do Macro too well
No ....says "DEFIANCE"   Made in USA....as for that chisel's logo

Says "CLEARCUT"   there was only one chisel in the stall, and only one chisel handle....seemed to be made for each other...
Rolleyes
Maybe tomorrow,I can start on rehabbing that chisel....
Rolleyes  Might take  an afternoon?
Confused

Clearcut turned out to be a brand name used by The George Worthington Co.   of Cleveland, OH.  
Cool
Cool
Cool