Cheese Boards with Slicers
Photo 
Some time ago (probably a year or more) someone here posted some cheese slicers that they made and it inspired me to make these as Christmas presents this year.  I am pretty happy with how these turned out and they were not very difficult to make.  Although I did have to buy an extra long 1/4 drill bit.  I ordered 10 sets of hardware and made 10 boards but one of them has already been confiscated
Smile . I thought I would share my results in case it inspired someone else and to pass on my thanks to the guy who posted the idea originally.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those are nice. Where did you get the hardware?
(11-22-2017, 07:59 PM)BrentDH Wrote: Some time ago (probably a year or more) someone here posted some cheese slicers that they made and it inspired me to make these as Christmas presents this year.  I am pretty happy with how these turned out and they were not very difficult to make.  Although I did have to buy an extra long 1/4 drill bit.  I ordered 10 sets of hardware and made 10 boards but one of them has already been confiscated
Smile . I thought I would share my results in case it inspired someone else and to pass on my thanks to the guy who posted the idea originally.

Very nice !
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I got them from cheeseslicing.com. I ordered the black version PPR-101AB. There was a discount for ordering 10. Total was $56.30 including shipping.
Nice.  I'm assuming cherry, maple and walnut?
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Yes. Cherry, Maple, and Walnut. Nothing fancy.
Cheese doesn't stand a chance around your house. What do you call that? A flock, herd?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(11-22-2017, 11:39 PM)BrentDH Wrote: Yes. Cherry, Maple, and Walnut. Nothing fancy.

BrentDH,

Those slicers look great ! I bought 3 kits couple years ago from Rockler/Woodcraft (don't remember which) but never made the boards and assembled them. I wondered if the wire cutters would hold up over time and there might be a problem cleaning the groove the wire recesses into.

I'm sure you have answers to both questions based on your use and the lucky recipients. Your picture makes me want to dig them out of the drawer and get busy. I think I paid about $8 each for the hardware. Your link makes for a better number of gifts. I typically need to make things for wife down to great grandkids, and then in-laws.

Very nice looking boards.

Jerry
I really like the star burst one.  I've seen a lot of cheese boards made of laminated strips, but I don't think I have ever seen one like that before.
Yes
After looking at them a while. I like the Walnut with the flame grain, and the 2 stripes of ??Maple??

I made a bunch of these last year, and still have 7 or 8 slicers. I think I'll make some like the Walnut, also have some wild curly Cherry that would work with the thin twin stripe. I like that. You can run out of $$$$$ before you run out of people who would love to get something like these for a gift.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW