Kitchen slide-out cutting board
(11-23-2017, 10:56 PM)djcook50 Wrote: Hey friends,

A family member needs to replace a worn-out kitchen cutting board.  It’s one of those that slides out from below the coutertop.  The original is made of 3/4” plywood of some sort and is about 2’ deep by 3’ wide with solid wood front lip/handle.

Have any of you replaced one of these?  Mainly, I’m asking about the type of material you used - solid wood like maple, or a plywood material again?  

I would be comfortable making a solid wood panel but I’m a little concerned about keeping it flat across a 3’ width.

Thanks,
Dave

I have replaced a few and put back ply just like it was without any problems.  I have also flipped a few over to use the opposite face
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.