Cleaning Sharpy off formica
I've tried an alcohol pad but very slow and tedious
Jim
Lacquer thinner will take it off, test on inconspicuous spot first.
I believe lacquer thinner will work.
"OFF" insect spray
The Secret To Life; Breathe In, Breathe Out..
(11-26-2017, 10:35 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Lacquer thinner will take it off, test on inconspicuous spot first.

Second the lacquer thinner.   I have used it to remove solvent based contact cement from surface.   Roly
Tap Magic cutting fluid?

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
(11-26-2017, 10:33 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I've tried an alcohol pad but very slow and tedious

Dry erase marker!  Yep, it works.  Go over the sharpie marks with a dry erase marker and wipe it off.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Thanks folks I've been busy in the shop all day. I used accetone. Worked great.
Jim
(11-26-2017, 09:09 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: Thanks folks I've been busy in the shop all day. I used accetone. Worked great.

That was about the only thing that wasn't suggested.

Laugh
(11-26-2017, 10:35 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Lacquer thinner will take it off, test on inconspicuous spot first.

Yes 

Do it quickly. Don't let the LT set on the formica. Wet the paper towel with it, wipe quickly and dry it with a clean towel... do it quickly... and like Phil said: test on inconspicuous spot first
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS