Recommend an anti-fatigue mat...?
I need a inexpensive anti-fatigue floor mat about 3' X 5' or so.
I have arthritis pretty bad in my joints, and my shop is only 58*F
this time of year, with a heater going 24/7.
I don't want to have to wear my good Red Wing boots to turn at my lathe, so I need a mat.
I have tried those cheap interlocking play mats the kids nap on, ain't worth bringing home.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
You can double up on Harbor Freight mats.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I use these, https://www.woodcraft.com/products/anti-...veled-edge , and like them. I also have the Rockler ones but prefer the Woodcraft over those.
I've been using horse stall mats with good results (though be warned they are sturdy in case you are looking for soft). Buy them in 4 x 8 and I've cut them in half. As you might imagine, given intended use, they hold up pretty well also.
I bought the HF ones years ago.  With the abuse I give them they have held up just fine.  

The biggest problem is when you want to vacuum - they want to lift up.  Of course they will happen with all those mats.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(11-26-2017, 04:54 PM)Herb G Wrote: I need a inexpensive anti-fatigue floor mat about 3' X 5' or so.
I have arthritis pretty bad in my joints, and my shop is only 58*F
this time of year, with a heater going 24/7.
I don't want to have to wear my good Red Wing boots to turn at my lathe, so I need a mat.
I have tried those cheap interlocking play mats the kids nap on, ain't worth bringing home.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Head over to the Tractor Supply and pick up a stall mat.
Go to the box store and buy the cheap 45 cent a yard low pile carpet and get a thin carpet pad if you like and cut it to fit around your working areas. You can cover the whole area and might spend less than for mats.  I have no problems cleaning up with a broom and shop vac and my feet don't hurt any more.
I do have a couple of HF mats- very light weight, but are ok.

[Image: Dac7XfC.jpg]
(11-26-2017, 05:51 PM)jcredding Wrote: I've been using horse stall mats with good results (though be warned they are sturdy in case you are looking for soft).  Buy them in 4 x 8 and I've cut them in half.  As you might imagine, given intended use, they hold up pretty well also.
Me too.  I got them in linking tiles.  They are twice as thick as the ones found elsewhere.  

Making riser of sub-floor plywood over 1" x 2" stringers will add significantly to the effectiveness of any anti-fatigue mat.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.