HANDTOOLS: Starrett and Browne & Sharpe
Came across an estate sale of a machinist who passed 25 years ago and the tools sat; most of the stuff, mics, taps, surface gauges, etc. don't have woodworking use, but I snagged some very high quality combination squares and got a good deal, so I'm passing it along......

First up is a Browne & Sharpe combination square; head is hardened, you pay a lot extra for that, and still had the cosmoline paper on it; scale is satin finish, much easier to read, but it was originally a 24" and was cut down, quite accurately, to 18", heaven knows why, I'd have asked the guy but he was long gone; scale is tempered, again, head hardened with level and scribe intact; apologies are the cut down scale from 24" to 18", and some evidence of rust on the edge where the head sat for the last 25 years (see close up pic); otherwise, well cared for and in great condition; hardened head in great shape; all things considered, its still an 18" scale which is very useful for larger layouts, quality maker, some say better than Starrett, so its yours for $55 plus shipping, B&S heads will take Starrett scales; excellent value for someone who wants a quality square; teaser pic, see link below for Flickr album of more pics:

[Image: 38665027411_2d61b98f62_b.jpg]

Next up is a Starrett 12" satin scale, hardened head (again, premium) with a #490 protractor head, and a centering head; level and scribe intact.  No apologies, zero.  Great tool in great shape.  A hardened head with the other two heads with a satin scale retail for over $300 (See: http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,42936).  Yours for $130 plus shipping, which is 40% of retail.  Great deal for someone.  Own the best.  Teaser pics, look in Flickr album link for many more pics:

[Image: 38665037271_d6c43efcf1_b.jpg]

[Image: 38665036271_2a8017761f_b.jpg]

Here's the link to the Flickr album with a whole bunch of pics:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...9673496154

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; please include your full shipping info so I can quote shipping and print mailing labels; I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are ok.

One of these would make a great Christmas gift to a budding woodworker, or to yourself!

As always, user tools priced reasonably, tools that I would gladly buy and own.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Great looking tools! If I didn't already have two or three complete sets of these that I inherited from my dad, I would be all over them!

Good luck,

Doug
Starrett three head is sold.
B&S square is sold.  That ends the thread, thanks to all for looking.