Parts for DeWalt GWI 10" RAS
I just acquired a fairly nice DeWalt GWI RAS, it's the 10" model, but almost identical to the MBF, wondering if anyone has any extra parts I could buy as the two small handles to rotate the head and motor are both broken (I will post pictures later). I'm also looking for the rails on the base with the small clamping bolts. 

If anyone has either of these items please send me a PM or if you have a restored or at least have one that has all it's parts and is original I'd still like to chat as I have a few questions on some of the originality of my saw.

Thanks!
(11-27-2017, 09:06 AM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: I just acquired a fairly nice DeWalt GWI RAS, it's the 10" model, but almost identical to the MBF, wondering if anyone has any extra parts I could buy as the two small handles to rotate the head and motor are both broken (I will post pictures later). I'm also looking for the rails on the base with the small clamping bolts. 

If anyone has either of these items please send me a PM or if you have a restored or at least have one that has all it's parts and is original I'd still like to chat as I have a few questions on some of the originality of my saw.

Thanks!

I have a GWI and have owned, used, restored and sold parts for probably 25 MBF/MBC RAS over the years. 
The "mushroom" knobs you have referenced are broken and /or missing on these saws frequently. The knobs on all three of the model saws are the same. IIRC there are new knobs available from McMasterCarr that serve as a decent replacement although not OEM.
I think the other part you are referencing are the table cleats which serve as the leveling component between the saw base and the sacrificial table, is that accurate?
BTW there is a Delphi form that is dedicated to just these old classic RAS.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(11-27-2017, 09:06 AM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: I just acquired a fairly nice DeWalt GWI RAS, it's the 10" model, but almost identical to the MBF, wondering if anyone has any extra parts I could buy as the two small handles to rotate the head and motor are both broken (I will post pictures later). I'm also looking for the rails on the base with the small clamping bolts. 

Thanks!

I have a GWI.  I mounted it on a new frame and I think I still have the original base and associated parts hidden away somewhere.  I'll take a look for those clamping bolts.  You can have any/all of it if I do.  The whole base, too, if you want it. 

John
I've got a couple of pdf files written by a guru named Roger Hill ( from over at the Delphi forum that Earl mentioned) that might be of use. PM me your e mail address if you think you want them. They have some good tune y up info as well as general rebuild stuff. They are written using a 925 as the example, but most of it pertains to any of the Dewalt saws.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You can also post a "WTB" over at OWWM.org in the classified section. Those guys are really into these old classic machines.

Good luck,

Doug
Here are the parts I found for the base:

[Image: Aj08VerpsXZG8cQJP0fGenT04HLVbUDKs20A6MHM...38-h628-no]

Clearly one bar is missing.  If there is supposed to be more that must be missing, too.  Yours if you want them for the cost of shipping.  

John

The GWI is a very nice saw.  Stays in tune w/o much attention required.  Be sure to use a low/negative hook blade on it because it likes to climb if you try to cut too fast.
(11-27-2017, 01:27 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Here are the parts I found for the base:

[Image: Aj08VerpsXZG8cQJP0fGenT04HLVbUDKs20A6MHM...38-h628-no]

Clearly one bar is missing.  If there is supposed to be more that must be missing, too.  Yours if you want them for the cost of shipping.  

John

The GWI is a very nice saw.  Stays in tune w/o much attention required.  Be sure to use a low/negative hook blade on it because it likes to climb if you try to cut too fast.

Those look like decent table cleats... albeit short a couple adjustment/mounting bolts. Hopefully that helps the OP out with what he needs.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group Password IBTP
(11-27-2017, 01:27 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Clearly one bar is missing.  If there is supposed to be more that must be missing, too. 

No, that's the entire set. There are one on each side (with the clamp bolts), and the center one without clamp. Those look to be in better shape than the ones I have on my saw....nice of you to offer.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-28-2017, 06:36 AM)fredhargis Wrote: No, that's the entire set. There are one on each side (with the clamp bolts), and the center one without clamp. Those look to be in better shape than the ones I have on my saw....nice of you to offer.

Yes
Yes
Yes  That's all there is to them. Can't remember the size bolts that the cleats are tapped for maybe 5/16-18???
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group Password IBTP
It is 5/16-18, it takes about 12 socket head bolts and jam nuts to hold the brackets to the frame.