Parts for DeWalt GWI 10" RAS
(11-28-2017, 06:36 AM)fredhargis Wrote: No, that's the entire set. There are one on each side (with the clamp bolts), and the center one without clamp. Those look to be in better shape than the ones I have on my saw....nice of you to offer.

Good to know.  I thought I had everything when I removed them all those years ago, but had no clue anymore how many parts there are supposed to be.  Glad I still had them all. 

John
So I've got it mostly torn down, I've already started soaking the carriage bearings, but I broke the stupid motor fan pulling the main motor bearing off. If I knew anyone with an arbor press I'd have used them, and I didn't even pull on the fan I put the puller on the steel collar below the bearing and one of the arms I guess pulled in and cracked it.

[attachment=6071]

So now I'm on the hunt for that...JOY!

Curious if anyone here knows before I ask on Delphi, is that a bearing at the top of the threaded rod inside the column or a collar of some type?
If that fan is only cracked, a common fix is to fill the crack with JB Weld and use it. The success would depend on just how bad the crack is, but there's a lot of those saws being run with cracked fans, missing vanes, etc.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I'll check... I MIGHT have a fan laying around from a MBF that should (IIRC) work. I also, still need to find the motor bearing/Accurate Bearing info for you.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
A chunk completely snapped through and split one of the vanes. No rush Lumber Yard, I'm between about 4 projects right now anyway, but if you have a fan let me know what you want for it.

Happy Holidays!
(12-01-2017, 11:11 AM)fredhargis Wrote: If that fan is only cracked, a common fix is to fill the crack with JB Weld and use it. The success would depend on just how bad the crack is, but there's a lot of those saws being run with cracked fans, missing vanes, etc.

This is my first thought.  It's not loaded, just moving a little air and absorbing some vibration, so epoxy or JB Weld is probably fine.  And you can't even see it under the shroud anyway.
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(11-27-2017, 09:18 AM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: BTW there is a Delphi form that is dedicated to just these old classic RAS.

Not to pour salt on an open wound, but do this.

It is free and it has a plethora of info on these machines PLUS a small, but active group of very experienced refurbishers that give freely of their knowledge.

Breaking those bell fans is a common occurrence in newbies trying to rebuild the motors or changing bearings.  Delphi forum has a whole section of FAQ that addresses just the motor rebuild and how to avoid that broken fan thing.  

If there has been a question about rebuilding a Dewalt, then it has probably been asked and answered.

Edit:  As an aside, I hate those leveling cleats.  I like these a lot better- simple angle brackets,  much easier to adjust.
[Image: FZNO6H9H6L5LRUU.MEDIUM.jpg]
[Image: dewalt-amf-power-shop-radial-arm-saw-925...c2be1f.jpg]
My saw is a different model, and they did make minor changes to them over time (until B&D completely screwed the pooch, that wasn't so minor). Anyway, mine is a 1030K and should be close, but I don't recall a bearing at the top end of that threaded shaft. There's a piece that acts as a bushing to hold it centered, but that's it (unless I'm completely brain dead about it).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.