Lily earned her new stable for sure.
Lily (8ysld) and I made an Ana White plan of an American Girl like 18" doll sized horse stable yesterday. We used qtr sawn red oak and maple ply. Joinery was Dominos and 23ga pins for clamping. Glue and screws attached the ply. Lily had asked for a stable for a couple garage sale horses grandma found. I said we can sure give it a try. She earned this one folks. Hoping it means more to her because of that. Happy Holidays everyone.

[Image: MVIMG_20171126_131414_zps4aibujzq.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20171126_123554_zpsnf1nqvzx.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20171126_142927_zpsjopamsuh.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20171126_204628_zpsbbqsyltg.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I built a stable for my daughter when she was that age, but she out grew it and her horses.  Now it's buried up stairs some place.  She glued a picture of Mr. Rogers to it.  Reminded me of the ads you'd see painted on barns years ago. 
Laugh
Way to go, Mike - too cute! Like the design!

Doug
Great project, and one I am sure she will always remember. It's good to see a child learning how to work with their hands and learn the process of making.

I really enjoy working in the shop with my daughters (3 & 5) even though I spend more time watching them for safety and explaining what I am doing than actually working. These days will always be the best times, no matter the final project .
Good job Lily – it looks great!
Very nice memory you and Lily made

sweet!
I had my 8yr old son learning the Domino just yesterday. He thought it was fun, but wasn't impressed that we weren't building something for him
Smile
Very cool.

She will remember that the rest of her life.

Good job Lilly , and  Dad !
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me

Cool
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Good to see the Million dollar shop is getting used
Big Grin
Big Grin

Way to go Lily.......
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW