New Toilet
(11-28-2017, 10:09 PM)CADman Wrote: I need a new toilet.  I was going to go with an American Standard Champion 4 Max.  I was reading the reviews, and now I’m not sure.  I checked with Kohler, and they also have mixed reviews.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
CADman

I have probably a dozen Cadet 3's all working without issue.  I have a Vormax in my house and wish it was a Cadet 3 and it probably will be eventually.  The 
Toto everyone is suggesting can't be sold in this state as it uses too much water
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I have an older champion 4 and a new cadet 3 (1.28 gallon flush) in my house. The champion gets the job done every time, the cadet leaves a lot to be desired. I wish I hadn’t worried about the price when I bought the new cadet...
(11-29-2017, 06:42 PM)Bob10 Wrote: The Toto everyone is suggesting can't be sold in this state as it uses too much water.

OP is fortunate not to live in California, so he can probably purchase the TOTO Drake 1.6 GPF toilet. For Woodnetters who live in California, the TOTO Drake II 1.28 GPF elongated bowl toilet is highly rated.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TOTO-Drake-I.../203759596

https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-CST454CEFG-0...B002CQ4NVM
I went with the American Standard VorMax when I remodeled our main bath this year. It is a great toilet. No clogs and it stays cleaner than our other toilets. The ring jets in the other toilet get cruddy. The vormax has 2 wide chutes that the water flows from.
I will be installing another one of these when we remodel the downstairs bathroom.
Great product.
+1 for the American Standard Cadet 3, we added our second one a month ago after my wife "accidentally" ruined the carpet in the bathroom.  I had wanted to replace toe old Kohler one piece which often took 2 flushes and needed a new fill valve which is brass and costs more from Kohler that the AM Cadet complete kit cost !

I had held back on the replacement of the Kohler because I was sure that whatever throne I put in there it would not have the same footprint as the old one, hence we'd have to replace the carpet and as long as we were doing the BR we might as well do the adjoining bedroom and also the hall and the other two bedrooms.......a simple $150 toiled would set me back 10 grand, oh yes we should paint as long as we are doing all this other stuff.

So took this OPPORTUNITY to replace the toilet while waiting for new carpet.  she calls me 2 days later and says isn't this the toilet that they flush down 45 golf balls, 3 pounds of simulated poop and an a whole platoon of toy soldiers and it doesn't plug.  Yes I answer that's the one proud of my choice and my Woodnet research.  She says, well I plugged it !  But the plunger cleared it in one plunge.  Yippee.

My vote is for the Cadet 3.  It comes with the fluidmaster valve and a common flapper so parts are everywhere and cheap, like me 
Smile
-------------------------
I married my wife for her looks, just not the ones she has been giving me lately
What kind of carpet do you have in your bathroom?
The carpet is a low pile that looks almost commercial.

Normally I would not want to have carpet in a bathroom but my wife is a stroke survivor and her balance varies by how alert she is or time of day etc.  I wanted to make sure she has as soft a landing as we can muster.

I love the Cadet 3 !
I have the American Standard and the Kohler.  I hate the Kohler.  The American standard rocks.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(11-28-2017, 10:09 PM)CADman Wrote: I need a new toilet.  I was going to go with an American Standard Champion 4 Max.  I was reading the reviews, and now I’m not sure.  I checked with Kohler, and they also have mixed reviews.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
CADman
Three years ago I installed two Diplomats and a Titan by myself. All three work very well.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.