1942 Dewalt GE 16" Radial Arm Saw - $2750
( not mine -- Louisville CL)

https://louisville.craigslist.org/tls/d/...83014.html

[Image: 00D0D_5Yr7iZa2Pob_1200x900.jpg]

Quote:This is a full restoration project so it is like new in all ways. This is a 1942 Dewalt GE 16" 5HP RAS with several enhancements over the original. It is currently wired to a new 5hp VFD which allows it to not only run on 240V Single phase but is also variable speed with full torque. Underneath the 1/8" masonite top is a solid cast iron table saw top to ensure perfectly flat and parallel to the arm as well as 9-ply marine plywood for the wings. The fence is a piece of 3"x5" angle iron with a massive glued up Advantech beam for stability. The saw rolls around on locking casters. Included with the saw is the original 3 Phase electrical hookup boxes so the saw can run on either single or 3 phase. This saw also has history as it was previously owned by the U.S. Government for the purpose of building barracks during WW2. In honor of its heritage I repainted it to military green as it arrived when I purchased it. I have numerous photos of the rebuild process and video I will share upon request so you will know this is a high-quality restoration and will give you a lifetime of excellent operation. As you already know large vintage Dewalt RAS as well as new Original Saw Co RAS sell for $4000 and this example has been carefully restored to like new condition so I am firm on my selling price.
I can deliver on my trailer but I would recommend you arrange for a truck with a lift gate capable of lifting 700lbs. 
Thank you for visiting my post and having interest in historical machinery

(we need a :drool: smilie!)
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(11-29-2017, 07:51 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: (we need a :drool: smilie!)
Rolleyes

Agreed.

I do think that I would be uncertain of both having it on casters and having the main table be cast iron. It seems like one would need to verify table alignment every time one moved it around the shop. 1/8" of racking over the size of the table does not seem like it would be easy to catch by eye.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Wow, he did a really nice job on that restore.....
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-01-2017, 06:38 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Wow, he did a really nice job on that restore.....

Could have been one of these saws....... Dewalt war film....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiGH0Qsu3ak
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Very cool Dewalt video

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Nice saw
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020