Ideal jointer size?
  Re: RE: Ideal jointer size? by KingwoodFan1989 ([quote='Tapper' pid=...)
I can't tell for sure on the Stenberg but the Koelle's tables are planed, not ground.  The little 16" Zefam my friend bought last year has planed tables and they are super, super slippery and dead flat.  If you want to be impressed look up the machines they use to plane metal. 

John
  Re: RE: Ideal jointer size? by jteneyck (I can't tell for sur...)
(12-07-2017, 09:47 AM)jteneyck Wrote: I can't tell for sure on the Stenberg but the Koelle's tables are planed, not ground.  The little 16" Zefam my friend bought last year has planed tables and they are super, super slippery and dead flat.  If you want to be impressed look up the machines they use to plane metal. 

John

Mine has planed jointer tables.
The thicknesser table was also planed originally but previous owners had planed so much wood on it that the wood had worn a dip in the cast iron.
I don't have a metal planer  so I had the thicknesser table blanchard ground by a local machinist.
The cutterhead is a rather thick two knife gibbed head. I can barely lift it on my own.

I have a small metal shaper that can plane 35x52 cm. That is approximately 14 by 20 inches. Not big enough to plane an entire jointer table but certainly big enough for making some spare parts....... once I get it rebuilt...........

I have no equipment for making videos......... My money is spent on good machinery instead.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English