Thin kerf 60 tooth Freud blade Any users?
At a yard sale today I picked up a Freud thin kerf, 10" x 60 tooth, flat top, saw blade, marked Finecutter. and anti kickback.

All flat top teeth. I estimate the hook angle at +5 - 10 degrees

Has anyone had experience with it?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
It sounds like a special grind for cutting joinery with clean square corners.  That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense for a 60 tooth FTG blade.

Sorry, no experience with it.
(11-30-2017, 01:24 PM)Pirate Wrote: At a yard sale today I picked up a Freud thin kerf, 10" x 60 tooth, flat top, saw blade, marked Finecutter. and anti kickback.

All flat top teeth. I estimate the hook angle at +5 - 10 degrees

Has anyone had experience with it?

If it is this one they are very nice for crosscuts on contractor, or table top saws with less power. I had one when I was just using the contractor saw before the shop got built. It did a very nice job. My only issue was that it is a thin kerf blade, and they will deflect if you are trying to push the wood too quickly through the blade. So you need to allow the blade to cut, sooooo take it slow, and you will be happy. I say that because I went from cab saws only, to a contractor saw, and there was a huge difference in acceptable cut speed, and still expecting a true cut.

If I had a cab saw with plenty of motor I will personally only use full kerf saw blades, better cut, quicker, every time.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
No, that's not the blade. This one has all flat top teeth.
I cleaned it up, and the teeth looked sharp.  The crosscut dado cut was a nice flat bottom, but the feed rate was slow. Have to examine the sharpness more, I guess.
I haven't been able to find a Freud listing for the blade.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Pirate-

Is there a model number on the blade?  I have the one Steve pointed to and it has ATB teeth, 5/8" Arbor, .090" Kerf, and 15° Hook Angle .  If you're cutting dados or tenons it leave a bit of a rough surface, but they clean up quickly.  My blade is a LU88R010 with the model number near the top of the print on the "front" of the blade.  If the blade you found isn't too worn it may have a number on it that'll help with your hunt.

Phil
No numbers on the blade, but here's a picture. Looks like there was some burning going on!

Attached Files Image(s)

You got me. 
Confused  I don't see anything like that in Freud's current line up of blades.
(12-01-2017, 09:15 AM)Pirate Wrote: No, that's not the blade. This one has all flat top teeth.
I cleaned it up, and the teeth looked sharp.  The crosscut dado cut was a nice flat bottom, but the feed rate was slow. Have to examine the sharpness more, I guess.
I haven't been able to find a Freud listing for the blade.

I have a Freud blade with flat tooth grind but it's a ripper, LM72 I think. I almost wonder if the teeth were reground after purchase for a particular purpose. I have made a crosscut with the LM72 when I was too lazy to change the blade for one cut and it worked but not as well as an ATB ground blade.
Since the blade says flat top on it, it was made that way. As nobody has direct experience, I'll expand on my earlier answer.

It is most likely a special purpose joinery blade as described by Yeng Chan in his "Classic joints with power tools", to allow clean square corners. Forrest makes a special version of the WW2 ground that way.