Looking for Plans
Hello, newbie here. I am looking for plans to use in building a file credenza. It needs to not be tall, so that the thing does not tip when a drawer is opened, and it also needs to NOT be of a mid-century appearance, as we prefer something more traditional. It also must have a usable table top-- that is, not a tilt-top. Help?

BTW, I am in the US, so publications available in other countries will not help me, though I am sure they are great.
First, welcome to the forum, there's lots of incredible experience here and it is gladly shared, so stick around.  

Your request is pretty specific, nothing comes up for me immediately, such things I would just design myself but then I've been doing this for a while......  Since you are looking for something more traditional, you might also consider searching sideboard plans, yeah, I know, dining room furniture, but they can be converted quite easily to file drawers as opposed to lower cabinets.  Also, unsure of your dimensions as in my office at work I have one that is six+ feet long.

That being said, unless you can find something online that meets your needs, perhaps start with a simple file cabinet plan like this one, which will provide you basic construction technique and guidance, then expand it to meet your requirements and tastes.  Bespoke furniture design ain't easy, it takes some time.  That's all I got.....

http://www.rockler.com/file-cabinet-plan
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I'm not real big on plans, rather see a pic and make my own way to how I build it. Seems to be a great way to learn, but not for everyone

I have heard good things about this Ana White girl

Along the lines of making my own way I use Google images, Housz, Pinterest, and a few other picture intensive sites. I've found looking at the pics first helps me more easily see something I, or my Boss really like, yes Dear.......

Otherwise you may be stuck with not so much of a selection of looks, or styles. The most interesting part is if you click a picture on let's say Google images on a search for Crendenza's Off to the right of the pic it gives choice to "visit" or "view image"

View image is just a blown up pic of what your already see, but visit often takes you to some guys personal site, and sometimes he will give you written, or better yet, links to video of him building it. Sometimes not so much too, but I have seen interior looks many times, when the Google pic page only showed an outside pic.

I went from this pic to the page, and there is a You Tube video...... Darn internet, it's almost magical sometimes.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

I hope you find what you are looking for, and welcome to WoodNet
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Have you got any photos of the sort of thing you're after. If you can't find plans, I don't think they'd be difficult to create.
Can you modify a lateral file plan to get what you're looking for?

http://www.crestonwood.com/latfile.php

aw-extra-1313-4-way-file-cabinet

lateral file cabinet plans