Any idea how to fix this chair?
The process has begun... Thanks a lot.

As a side note, I really like my jawhorse. This is when it really excels. Holding funky shaped objects.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(12-02-2017, 12:15 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes the insert is stuck on your wheel stub. Pop it off and that's what fits in the chair hole.
Glue in a dowel, epoxy as suggested above.

x2 on this. It's the best way to keep it original & will give a solid repair.  Looks great in the picture that you posted.

Did you fix the crack that was in one of the original pics? Pull the brass trim off to fix the crack?
(12-03-2017, 10:22 PM)efmrrt Wrote: x2 on this. It's the best way to keep it original & will give a solid repair.  Looks great in the picture that you posted.

Did you fix the crack that was in one of the original pics? Pull the brass trim off to fix the crack?

This and also make sure you use a forstner bit do drill the hole straight and smooth sides.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I needed to solve this, i used these http://www.rockler.com/plate-or-socket-m...ll-casters on a claw foot dining table and they have held up great. Dan
I would install all new casters.

I think there is a sleeve insert to receive the swivel shaft, no?
I'm late to the party but I would have removed the brass piece, then opened the split.  I probably would have broken the split completely off.  I would have used glue on all the split with adequate squeeze-out and clamp.  

The glued joint will be stronger than the original.

I then would have filled the hole with the slowest setting epoxy I could find to maximize the penetration into the pores of the wood.  

Then I would replace the brass piece and drill for the caster.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-07-2017, 11:42 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I would install all new casters.

I think there is a sleeve insert to receive the swivel shaft, no?

Yes. Look at OP's pic. It's stuck on the wheel shaft
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-02-2017, 12:15 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes the insert is stuck on your wheel stub. Pop it off and that's what fits in the chair hole.
Glue in a dowel, epoxy as suggested above.

Absolutely this. Hardwood dowel too, not a soft pine one. Easy to find in Oak at most Big Box stores. Not knowing how many small interior cracks you may have from when this was destroying itself I would overdrill the hole to make sure you get back to good solid wood on the chair leg.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW